Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Fatboy Lo

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 09:11 PM
HD2014
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Fatboy Lo

Hey everyone, just picked up a new 2014 Fatboy Lo a few weeks ago. I have about 430 miles on it so far and loving it. I'm coming from a crotch rocket and decided I wanted to move on to a cruiser as I wanted something more comfortable and always liked Harley's.

So far I've put on Vance and Hines Big Shots staggered and a screaming eagle heavy breather. I did get suckered into the Stage 1 map from the dealer (I know, a mistake from what I've read). However, I wanted to know what are the latest and greatest EFI tuners.

Also, anyone from the Delaware area know of a trustworthy dyno tuner? When I did some more research I realized the dealership doesn't know much about tuning, at least with the two guys I spoke to.

Old 06-16-2014, 06:10 PM
HD2014
4th Gear

Anyone have any experience with the Vance & Hines FP3 tuner that works with your smartphone? If so, how do you favor it compared to other tuners?

Old 06-16-2014, 10:11 PM
ILMFBL
Road Warrior
Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Welcome from Idaho HD2014. I too have a 2014 FLSTFB Blknd Cayene. I've seen a few guys on here using the FP3 and so far, they sound more than happy with it. I'm about to find out soon, but I'm still waiting for my V&H super radius pipes to ship that they just came out with a few months ago. If you're not going past a stage 1 set up, it sounds like the FP3 is a good way way to go for a diy. There's a butt load of good info on here from a lot of great people who are willing to share it, so keep reading and ride safe! P.S. I strongly suggest getting a service manual too. Just my 2 cents.

Old 06-16-2014, 10:56 PM
HD2014
4th Gear

Thanks! I'm really leaning towards the FP3 since I'm not planning on going past a Stage 1 setup. I'll search for some other threads to see if I can get some more info from other riders who have some experience with it.

Have you done any other customizations to your Lo yet?

Old 06-17-2014, 08:01 AM
funbikerchick
Tourer

The Fat Boy Lo was the other bike I was considering when I bought my Heritage. It is a good looking bike! Congrats!!!

Old 06-17-2014, 08:23 AM
ILMFBL
Road Warrior
Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by HD2014
Thanks! I'm really leaning towards the FP3 since I'm not planning on going past a Stage 1 setup. I'll search for some other threads to see if I can get some more info from other riders who have some experience with it.

Have you done any other customizations to your Lo yet?
Yeh, I have. I've added the detachable sissy bar, swing arm bag(very handy), and red screamin' eagle plug wires. Still in the process of getting all the cheesy stickers and reflectors off.

Old 06-17-2014, 08:38 AM
PitBullMcCoy
Cruiser

Sorry, can't help with the tuner...but congrats on the new ride. Be safe out there.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:19 AM
jcallesano
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I dont like this thread unless I have photos to look at.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:36 AM
ADRENALINE RUSH
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

congrats man! i come i recently picked up a fatboy lo too and come from a lot of sportbikes (owned 7, still own my R1) and supermotos (had a few of them, still have a parking lot stunt one).

But i am really liking the FB Lo!!!! i will be transforming it into a bobber soon, just a lot of money and work...lol.

as far as a tuner im using a power commander V. im used to them from my other bikes and think they work pretty well. but there are more Harley specific tuners out there.

Old 06-17-2014, 01:46 PM
HD2014
4th Gear

Originally Posted by ILMFBL
Yeh, I have. I've added the detachable sissy bar, swing arm bag(very handy), and red screamin' eagle plug wires. Still in the process of getting all the cheesy stickers and reflectors off.
Cool, I bought new grips, but waiting to put them on until I decide which handlebars I want

Quick Reply: New Fatboy Lo