Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'blaster or regular electric blower

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 09:57 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: 'blaster or regular electric blower

Abike dryer is much better than any leaf blower... i know I have both.
I wouldnt touch my bike with the leaf blower, has no filter what so ever, most blow and can be reversed to vac so there isa lotof dirt usually in a leaf blower as well.

I have a black baron bike dryer
and a
Toro electric leaf blower/vac

Old 04-01-2007, 11:25 PM
bikerbehaviorist
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bensonjv and Citoriplus do you mean the little cone shaped brass fitting that screws on to a wand or little trigger unit when you say cone nozzle? If so that is what I use too. That and the drying towel that is that weird material that I buy at the Steal/Dealership.

Old 04-01-2007, 11:32 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: bikerbehaviorist
bensonjv and Citoriplus do you mean the little cone shaped brass fitting that screws on to a wand or little trigger unit when you say cone nozzle?
That's the one, I also have one with a long needle like end that's good for get between the fins.
Just make sure you have a drier on the compressor or you'll spray oily water on and don't use too much pressure.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:44 AM
Mike05
Tourer

Good advice about the drier on the air compressor. Clean dry air will get the job done faster and cleaner.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:49 AM
purple haze
Road Master

Not to argue with any one but I use a black and decker leaf blower and I have never felt it sand blast my bike! I know you say have dryer and filter but it get's pretty hot here and I'M not picking up debri and blowing it on bike, if I thought it was doing harm I would STOP but just blow's water out of tight spot's and control's and after 5 or 10 minute's it is dry, then I allway's use Carnuba Wax on the tin's first then chrome, never seen a scratch from use of leaf blower, just my 2 cent's. PURPLE HAZE.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24725/7AE5F301B43E4120A1499E9C3A7A357A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-02-2007, 11:55 AM
SCJE8
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've got a Blaster and love it!

I live in Florida and there is always sand present...used to use a leaf blower on my Hondas and never really noticed a problem.I heard about the Blasterand it made sense...and I didn't want to take a chance with my HD! The Blaster works very well.

I have a compressor, but do not have a drier installed. The air is a little oily so I don't want to use it for drying anything.

Anyway...I hope this helps.

Steve

Old 04-02-2007, 02:43 PM
scottmartello
Intermediate

I can add one thing that hasn't been said yet in this thread. I use my shop-vac to dry the bike, with the hose on the exhaust port obviously, but I bought a new hose that I only use for drying the bike so the dirt and bits from my vacuum hose aren't blown back out onto the bike. The air is warmed by the vac motor, put the reducing fitting on the end of the dedicated hose, and there you go.

Those Blasters look good to me too, but like some have said, it's hard to justify that price.

Also don't use my compressor because of the aforementioned lack of a drier.

Old 04-02-2007, 02:50 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I use a leaf blower and have never experienced any problems. I also have never reversed my blower to use as a vac.

Old 04-03-2007, 12:49 AM
purple haze
Road Master

That's what I'M saying!! I use to blow leaf's from time to time but they do not get in my Blower!! And as I said the only air being blown is the air around me and no sand or dirt flying by to get blasted on bike and you know how much we love our bike's so if I thought of any object beside's air I'M breathing is going to hurt bike I'D QUIT!!! And then might pay $300.00 for BLASTER. AND WARG take care of that foot!! I know it hurt's!! I was playing Tennis and ran for lob and planted foot wrong, and after 10 x-ray's doctor visit's than a M.R.I on foot found hair line Fracture!! Two doctor's said no problem just take it easy, and after couple month's then they say it was broke!! But hope your's is just a strained ham or ligiment, we need to put some mile's on our bike's!! TAKE CARE PURPLE HAZE.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24725/8BF50AE780BF4A70B97181018412E04B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-03-2007, 01:03 AM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I picked up this one and i like it the snoot is soft rubber in case you hit the bike can be held in one hand and has plenty of power light weight
http://www.easternperformance.com/in...roducts_id=767

Quick Reply: 'blaster or regular electric blower