Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Short Rider on Slim...Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2014 | 10:15 PM
tehan2
Stellar HDF Member

here you go...

these guys are the best and will fix it for you

http://bitchnstitchninc.com/sevices.html

Their products are top notch. The service is better if you could go in person. They custom fit the seat for your height, legs, arms etc

Old 06-03-2014 | 11:38 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member

Thanks for the compliment on my bike, Rad.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Old 06-04-2014 | 12:19 AM
One Vision
Cruiser

5'6" 30" inseam here. You are right, the confidence of being able to flat foot is what its all about.

I have zero problems with the stock setup of my Slim's controls and I feel like I have about an inch or so to work with soo.. Any seat you can find that will fit with your aesthetics AND moves you up an inch should be the fix you are looking for.

The above suggestion to find an air cleaner that is more low profile is a great suggestion as well since it is in the way as you are reaching your foot to the brake. (Dont I know that my knee is always rubbing on that thing) I dont prefer the look of the heavy breather on the Slim but I know it moves the air cleaner out of the way of your knee almost entirely. (Had one on my Dyna)

Dont spend a bunch of money moving your controls around. Spend it on a new seat (Which means more comfort too. Win Win!)

Cheers!

Old 06-08-2014 | 11:06 PM
RadRodriguez
|
Cruiser

Thanks One Vision.

I am probably going to swap AC for SE cone filter to get it away from my right knee, I know what you mean about hitting the knee.

How do you like the SE Slip Ons? I am considering those as my next upgrade. I want a black exhaust and I need a little more sound than the stock HD exhaust.

Thanks!

Old 06-09-2014 | 01:22 AM
wmprof
Road Master

Originally Posted by RadRodriguez
Thanks One Vision.

I am probably going to swap AC for SE cone filter to get it away from my right knee, I know what you mean about hitting the knee.

How do you like the SE Slip Ons? I am considering those as my next upgrade. I want a black exhaust and I need a little more sound than the stock HD exhaust.

Thanks!
I'm 5'5" with a 28" inseam, and have no problem with floorboards, shifter or brake. It does make a difference what shoes I'm wearing. My Wolverine work boots are better than my hiking boots. I do have to move feet forward when shifting or braking, then move to back of floorboard when cruising. First thing I removed was heel shifter.

I like the stock slim seat just fine, very comfortable even on 3-4 hour rides. Of course I've only ridden about 4,400 miles so far this season. And I definitely won't be changing that great looking stock air cleaner cover, my right leg hangs out a little anyway due to the heat from rear cylinder and exhaust.

SE slip-ons? Way too quiet!. I removed the SE baffles and drilled out the catalyst, but still too quiet. I have a set of aftermarket baffles coming and I'm going to make Swiss cheese out of them on the drill press. We'll see how that works out. Sounds like Shiat without baffles.

Old 06-09-2014 | 09:44 PM
wmprof
Road Master

Update on the SE slip-ons:

Baffles came today, and I trudged out to the shop through the rain to compare them to stockers. I bought the Cycle Shack baffles and they looked good right out of the box.

Installed and sound GREAT! Not quiet at all, and not TOO loud. Goldilocks would probably like them. As soon as it stops raining (thinking about an ark) I'll go terrorize the neighbor lady some more.

Old 06-09-2014 | 09:48 PM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member

Get some thicker soles on your riding boots. You can have a custom seat made.

Old 06-09-2014 | 10:07 PM
One Vision
Cruiser

Like wmprof sais the SE Slip Ons are indeed pretty quiet vs all the differing loud pipes that are out there. Im gonna leave em as is though, cause as I put miles on them they tend to get a deeper throat to them. And the Black looks so good in my opinion so...