Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chrome Switch Housings

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007 | 05:36 PM
HOGLVR
|
Novice
Default Chrome Switch Housings

Has anyone installed these "Custom Chrome" switch housings in their ride? I can get the entire setup(housings, master cylinder, etc...) for the same price the dealer will sell me just the chrome housings for. Just want to know the quality and the fit compared to the high dollar ones from HD.

http://www.easternperformance.com/in...roducts_id=748

Old 03-31-2007 | 05:48 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: Chrome Switch Housings

I posted about this a couple weeks ago. Someone on here, (can't remember who) bought them and had to do some dremeling inside the housings to get them to work. I am going to go ahead and spend the extra cash to get the HD brand, but you may feel the cost savings is worth the extra work.

Old 03-31-2007 | 07:22 PM
Mike NY
Road Master

ORIGINAL: HOGLVR

Has anyone installed these "Custom Chrome" switch housings in their ride? I can get the entire setup(housings, master cylinder, etc...) for the same price the dealer will sell me just the chrome housings for. Just want to know the quality and the fit compared to the high dollar ones from HD.

http://www.easternperformance.com/in...roducts_id=748
I have them on their way from Eastern Performance, will be here Tuesday. Not sure when I'll get them installed though since I'm doing Wild 1 Apes as well.

Sorry this doesn't help you but I heard they were good quality.

Mike
NY

Old 03-31-2007 | 07:58 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member

If you like them,let us know, b/c I may reconsider.

Old 03-31-2007 | 08:18 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: WARG

I posted about this a couple weeks ago. Someone on here, (can't remember who) bought them and had to do some dremeling inside the housings to get them to work. I am going to go ahead and spend the extra cash to get the HD brand, but you may feel the cost savings is worth the extra work.

That was me, the dremeling was very minor and I am happy with them, especially given the price, and they look awesome.

Old 03-31-2007 | 08:22 PM
woosh
Outstanding HDF Member

I just installed the Custom Chrome handlebar kit last weekend. It looks allright and I also had to do some grinding on the inside of the switch houseing in order to get the brakelight switch to fit in the houseing, it was no big deal works fine. On the left hand side I have about a 1/8 inch gap where the two halves of the houseing come together that I can't seem to get rid of.

Old 03-31-2007 | 08:23 PM
brillowolf
Cruiser

Are these just chromed over stockers? I would assume that to be the reason for the dremeling. I was thinking of just taking mine over to the local chrome shop.

Old 04-01-2007 | 07:20 AM
BDHABT
Road Captain

If you want to save some bucks,send your factory stuff to Browns Plating in Kentucky.Much better quality than the HD chrome,cheaper too.

I.E.,Had my calipers chromed by them,went thru my local independent that deals with them.Paid $414 for both;this included chroming,shipping,rebuilding the calipers after chroming,and new pads front and rear.My local HD dealer wants $430 just for the rear caliper!

I have the HD chrome switch housings;(bought them before I knew about Browns),and they`re starting to peel already.Pretty crappy for something thats not even 2 years old.

Good luck,Mark.

Old 04-02-2007 | 07:39 PM
Glen1978
Road Captain

I got mine off Ebay thru Demon Cycle, was like $150 for everything. Great quality and they move the top bolt to the bottom that makes the top smooth. VERY good fit and no dremeling. You can get them direct from Demon too without messing with Ebay.

Old 04-02-2007 | 09:46 PM
Road_Clam
Road Captain

I ordered the complete chrome control kit from Drag Sprcialties. Should be here in a few days. I HATE the goofy black controls. Also purchased a Drag stainless steel front brake line. My Fatboy is looking SO fine. I will post up some before "stock" and "after" blinged and performance tweaked.

Quick Reply: Chrome Switch Housings