Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LePera Bare Bones & My Softail Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 05:31 PM
Midgard
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by moefoties
Here are a couple iPhone photos I took right after the install. Then I went for a short ride...enough to get a feel for the way it changed my riding position, but certainly not a long enough ride to comment on comfort yet. As for the riding position, I really like the change. This seat brings me down and back a little (eliminates the feeling of being pushed too close to the tank); back far enough so that I feel like I can really stretch my legs out. Even the way I grip the bars is more comfortable in this seat. HUGE difference in feel from the stock seat. I'm really looking forward to going on a longer ride to get a full sense of what this thing has to offer (or lacks, for that matter). I'm definitely liking the way it looks on the Softail frame!! I'll be back to post more after a longer ride. **Sorry for the tiny photos...not sure why they didn't attach full size**

looks good!

Old 07-03-2014, 05:36 PM
Midgard
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by myteamjersey

Looks - (other than that rear reflector )

Old 07-21-2014, 04:10 PM
moefoties
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Okay...I've been riding on this seat for about three weeks now, and feel comfortable commenting on it's comfort level. This will definitely be my "around-town" seat...I have no comfort issues when riding around thirty miles or less. My a$$ starts to get numb right around the 30-mile mark and it remains uncomfortable for the rest of the ride. It's pretty much what I expected, so if I had it to do over again I'd buy the same seat. It looks amazing on the Deluxe, I love the riding position, and for longer rides I still have the option of taking the few minutes to swap it out for the stock seat. I don't think you can have your cake and eat it too when it comes to low-profile, bas a$$ looking seats, that are ALSO super comfortable!

Old 07-21-2014, 04:15 PM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Comfort and cool are on opposite ends of the spectrum.

Old 07-21-2014, 07:52 PM
tehan2
Stellar HDF Member
Received 5,565 Likes on 1,248 Posts

I went a few years on a rigid sportster with a rolled T-shirt for a seat.

I have a bare bones now and did 200 miles yesterday, and a few weeks ago a 400 mile day. Had I known I was going out for 9 hours I would have put the stock seat on. but the day wasn't bad and I worked/walked fine the next day

Old 01-06-2016, 07:53 PM
moefoties
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

After more than a year of this seat I'm planning to sell it and replace it with a C&C solo. You can't beat the look of the Bare Bones, but it's killing me on longer rides. Maybe it has a lot to do with the way a guy's built, but it's just not working out for me.

Old 01-07-2016, 12:25 AM
SanJuanRon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by moefoties
After more than a year of this seat I'm planning to sell it and replace it with a C&C solo. You can't beat the look of the Bare Bones, but it's killing me on longer rides. Maybe it has a lot to do with the way a guy's built, but it's just not working out for me.
You were warned -- seat sucks on longer rides. You might as well be sitting on a board. But, it looks cool. Ron

Old 01-07-2016, 04:49 AM
S.D.M.F
Road Warrior
Received 355 Likes on 229 Posts

No problems if you 'buns of steel' like me.

Old 01-07-2016, 06:40 AM
peg20
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SanJuanRon
You were warned -- seat sucks on longer rides. You might as well be sitting on a board. But, it looks cool. Ron
Yes, it's funny how people just don't listen. (Not necessarily suggesting that's the case here, mind!) I got the silhouette which is a bit more forgiving. But if I'm riding for more than about 8 hours in a day, I'll use an airhawk cushion.

Old 01-07-2016, 07:52 PM
tagalongtrouble
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Love my bbones- no prob for me comfort wise AT all
Name:  image.jpg1_zpsntlw8ct5.jpg
Views: 1393
Size:  80.2 KB

Name:  image.jpg6_zpsen71jzua.jpg
Views: 1410
Size:  56.9 KB

Name:  IMG_1225_zps4esqxuh7.jpg