Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using a headlight or brakelight modulator?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2014 | 06:57 AM
89Speedy
|
Tourer
Default Anyone using a headlight or brakelight modulator?

I'm considering a headlight modulator from Signal Dynamics and I'm wondering if anyone user has had any issues after install. Supposedly the headlight high and low beams flash back and forth 4X per second.

Old 05-23-2014 | 07:03 AM
EP50
Outstanding HDF Member

Nope.

Old 05-23-2014 | 10:28 AM
jam436
Supporter

Might want to check with your local LEO before you part with any $$.
They're illegal here in PA - since (they claim) you can't have any flashing lights on a vehicle so as not to be confused with an emergency vehicle...

Old 05-23-2014 | 12:27 PM
oct1949
Club Member

been yrs ago,, but I had one on and it wasn't hard to install. I've seen a couple around have them..

Old 05-23-2014 | 03:19 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member

Dont do it if you like riding with friends. I have ridden with a bike that had one, terrible and annoying to be around.

Old 05-23-2014 | 03:33 PM
woodsietx
Cruiser

I've got the Kuryakyn run-turn-brake module on mine and it was just a plug in. Also added the load equalizer to keep the turn signals from rapid flashing. Had some space issues with it once I added a PCIII under the seat. Too much stuff under there for easy seat seating.

The few folks that have commented on the flashing rear brake (3 flashes then on solid) have reacted positively. I forget I have it. I think the idea of have 3 sets of LEDs come on in the back is more important than the flashing.

Old 05-23-2014 | 06:29 PM
jdm65
Cruiser

I had a vizi tech supa brake on my crotch rocket - - plug & play & worked great. I have a bal1 tail light on my Fatboy so I didn't need a supa brake on it or I would have bought another

Old 05-23-2014 | 09:16 PM
bigblock59
Tourer

I think brake light would be ok not headlight. I rode by a bike a few weeks ago the a modulating headlight and to me it was distracting to see. Around here in southern Wisconsin there are plenty of bumpy roads, so it always looks like your headlight is flashing.

Old 05-23-2014 | 09:27 PM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by woodsietx
I've got the Kuryakyn run-turn-brake module on mine and it was just a plug in. Also added the load equalizer to keep the turn signals from rapid flashing. Had some space issues with it once I added a PCIII under the seat. Too much stuff under there for easy seat seating.

The few folks that have commented on the flashing rear brake (3 flashes then on solid) have reacted positively. I forget I have it. I think the idea of have 3 sets of LEDs come on in the back is more important than the flashing.
I am pretty sure that is different, the modulator constantly pulses your headlight as you are riding. I hate them and would avoid riding with anyone who has one. The brake light flasher is fine, three flashes when you apply brake, very nice. I had to add the load equalizer on my vtx as well to make the blinkers slow down.

Old 05-23-2014 | 09:54 PM
Deucedog
Stellar HDF Member

It's a situation where the very thing that we find annoying is what makes a modulating headlight so effective. I added aux lights to the front rather than annoying people.

However, I do have a 'Back Off' tail light flasher. 3 flashes, on, 3 flashes, on etc. I also installed one on the third brake light on my car. I've had numerous positive comments on it. One from the supervisor at a state inspection station.

Quick Reply: Anyone using a headlight or brakelight modulator?