Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using a headlight or brakelight modulator?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2014 | 04:34 PM
Snowyone
Road Captain
Default modulation

I think their a great Idea! I use BadA$$ lights bal1 taillight that has a bunch of different patterns of flashing you can change. I'm all for additional light on the back especially cause most taillights are underwhelming and have added the Badland brake, tail, turn module for what used to be just turn signals. I haven't installed a headlight module yet but will someday soon. Like others have said they're annoying and whatever one can do to wake oncoming traffic up annoying or not is good.

Old 11-04-2015 | 09:42 PM
Str8chuter
Road Captain

Originally Posted by jam436
Might want to check with your local LEO before you part with any $$.
They're illegal here in PA - since (they claim) you can't have any flashing lights on a vehicle so as not to be confused with an emergency vehicle...

Forget checking with your local LEO, they can not tell you anything about the Modulating (not flashing) headlights, They are legal in all 50 states according to the federal DOT. Programmed Brake lights are also legal in all 50 States. If you don't believe me, check with the Federal DOT in DC. They will even send you a letter to that effect

I have installed both a modulating headlight and Ive programmed the brake light to cycle in a series of brief flashes. They make it easy for following traffic to know that you are braking, saved my fanny from a rear-ender more than once. Also the modulating (not flashing) headlight makes you much more visible when coming toward an intersection, to make myself and Harley even more visible I execute a SMIDSY In UK Speak, In American English it is a shallow left / right swerve. Sorry Mate, I didn't See Ya, As he's looking at your crumpled motorcycle. . Once again there is no better safety habit than practiceing Situational Awareness... See and be seen is my mantra. We all ride in whatever our comfort level is. I'm 72 and G-d Willing, look forward to living well into my 80's.

Ride Safe - Ride Smart

"He Who Lives In Joy Does His Creator's Will".
The Baal Shem Tov, Founder of Chasidic Judaism... ca. 1750's

Last edited by Str8chuter; 11-04-2015 at 10:15 PM.
Old 11-05-2015 | 11:13 AM
SPARKY01
Road Master

i have the Bright *** Tailight on my Fattie and wouldn't ride without it. I have it on a 3 flash setting and put one of every bike I have. Riding in Houston with all the idiots around here on cell phones, etc. I feel it is a must. I have had headlight modulator in the past but no longer have one. No particluar reason other than I have the aux. lights on my bike. I do beleive in multi lights just to be seen. on any bike with a single headlight I tend to have one though.....ride safe!