Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recall Lookup...

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 08:37 AM
jam436
Supporter
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Recall Lookup...

I mean to post this earlier, in light of several recent threads about recalls but I forgot...

Anyway... the "standard" method of obtaining recall info for your bike is to logon to harley-davidson.com, create an account and register your VIN.
From there you can lookup and be notified about any Product Programs or recalls.
The downside to this method is that you can only see information about your specific bike.

I came across this site last week or so, and it lists official recalls for ALL bikes, and it seems to be fairly comprehensive as well.
The nice thing about this site is that you can lookup recall info an ANY bike, like if you were considering buying one.
(...there sure have been a lot of recalls on the H-D '14 models already...)

Here it is:
http://www.motorcyclerecall.com/

Old 05-18-2014, 09:16 AM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,907 Likes on 4,132 Posts

Originally Posted by jam436
I mean to post this earlier, in light of several recent threads about recalls but I forgot...

Anyway... the "standard" method of obtaining recall info for your bike is to logon to harley-davidson.com, create an account and register your VIN.
From there you can lookup and be notified about any Product Programs or recalls.
The downside to this method is that you can only see information about your specific bike.

I came across this site last week or so, and it lists official recalls for ALL bikes, and it seems to be fairly comprehensive as well.
The nice thing about this site is that you can lookup recall info an ANY bike, like if you were considering buying one.
(...there sure have been a lot of recalls on the H-D '14 models already...)

Here it is:
http://www.motorcyclerecall.com/
Appreciate the link.

I will agree it is fairly comprehensive. There was a recall on 2012 Heritage voltage regulators that isn't listed.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:23 AM
jam436
Supporter
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Bone Doc
Appreciate the link.

I will agree it is fairly comprehensive. There was a recall on 2012 Heritage voltage regulators that isn't listed.
Harley is kinda cagey when addressing "recalls".
Sometimes they "downgrade" the severity and importance of them by calling them "Product Programs" or "Service Bulletins" - and not official recalls... which is what I believe happened here.

I had a '12 Dyna two years ago with the same voltage regulator issue, and they called that one a "Service Bulletin".
In fact, I had a printed copy of it when I walked into the dealer to ask about it, and they claimed they had never heard of it...

It seems as though in order to be classified as a recall, it has to be a safety issue that threatens life and limb...

Old 05-18-2014, 11:12 AM
Happy Hippo
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There is recall on my NT that isn't listed on that web page. I found out about it from my brother that works at an HD dealership.