Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need 2 up seat suggestions for a 6' tall person

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2014 | 05:19 PM
fatusboyus
|
Road Master
Default Need 2 up seat suggestions for a 6' tall person

I just got an 07 fatboy and I need to sit down into the bike, and back as far as I can. I am 6 foot tall and have a 36" inseem. Is there any suggestions that you all could give me? I'm thinking maybe a lepara 2 up, or a Danny Gray weekend 2 up. This Stock seat feels too wide and way too tall, and I don't like the design of it anyway. Thanks a lot for your suggestions

Attached Thumbnails Need 2 up seat suggestions for a 6' tall person-image.jpg  
Old 05-13-2014 | 06:31 PM
Tracker56
Road Master

The LaPera will definitely set you lower and farther back on the bike. I had the two-up and really liked it better than the stocker. I have switched to the solo w/gel and really love it. I don't know anything about the Danny Gray seats since I haven't tried one. Hope this helps a little.

Old 05-13-2014 | 06:36 PM
Mikula
Tourer

i've heard good things about c&c seats, though i have no experience with them. actually, having your seat reworked has turned out well for a lot of the guys on here. and saves a good chunk of money

Old 05-13-2014 | 06:44 PM
fatusboyus
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Mikula
i've heard good things about c&c seats, though i have no experience with them. actually, having your seat reworked has turned out well for a lot of the guys on here. and saves a good chunk of money
i had mean city rework a seat i had on my last bike a few years ago and it worked well, but that was on an older fatboy, the seat on this 07 is just fugly in my own opinion and don't really want to rework it...i don't like the "flaps" on the sides with the studs, it looks like a darn saddle that you'd put on a horse. Not my thing, I'm sure a lot like this look, just not for me is all

I bought some kuryakyn mark IV's, and that helps stretch my legs out quite abit, and helped some. I also lowered it alittle over an inch, and that helped alittle, but this seat is driving me nuts

i'll check out c&c, never thought about them, thanks

Last edited by fatusboyus; 05-13-2014 at 06:48 PM.
Old 05-13-2014 | 06:46 PM
fatusboyus
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Tracker56
The LaPera will definitely set you lower and farther back on the bike. I had the two-up and really liked it better than the stocker. I have switched to the solo w/gel and really love it. I don't know anything about the Danny Gray seats since I haven't tried one. Hope this helps a little.
thanks tracker, how tall are you?

this is the danny gray seat i was talking bout. It "appears" that it would put me a lot further back and down

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331189805677...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Old 05-13-2014 | 06:48 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by fatusboyus
I just got an 07 fatboy and I need to sit down into the bike, and back as far as I can. I am 6 foot tall and have a 36" inseem. Is there any suggestions that you all could give me? I'm thinking maybe a lepara 2 up, or a Danny Gray weekend 2 up. This Stock seat feels too wide and way too tall, and I don't like the design of it anyway. Thanks a lot for your suggestions
Take a look at The Ultimate tall boy seat. No better seat available, period.

Old 05-13-2014 | 07:00 PM
fatusboyus
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by checkers
Take a look at The Ultimate tall boy seat. No better seat available, period.
i googled that and i think i found there web site, but cant find a seat that's called there "ultimate tall boy" model

http://ultimateseats.ca/harleysoftailFXST.html#specs

Old 05-13-2014 | 07:40 PM
SanJuanRon
Outstanding HDF Member

Try the Le Pera Maverick Daddy Long Legs -- sits you down and back 2+ inches and is comfortable for the rider and passenger. I highly recommend. SJ Ron

Old 05-13-2014 | 08:32 PM
Tracker56
Road Master

Originally Posted by fatusboyus
thanks tracker, how tall are you?

this is the danny gray seat i was talking bout. It "appears" that it would put me a lot further back and down

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331189805677...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
I'm 5'11" w/31" inseam, definitely not long legged like you. Lol The LaPera gives me more than enough leg room though.

Old 05-13-2014 | 09:11 PM
Mikula
Tourer

Originally Posted by SanJuanRon
Try the Le Pera Maverick Daddy Long Legs -- sits you down and back 2+ inches and is comfortable for the rider and passenger. I highly recommend. SJ Ron
+1 i forgot about that seat. my uncle rides with that seat and it is truly bad ***. stretches you out, and still really good for passenger. expensive, but depending on your wants/needs, probably worth it

Quick Reply: Need 2 up seat suggestions for a 6' tall person