Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for C&C Seat Owners...

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 02:21 AM
clueless
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for C&C Seat Owners...

Who has a C&C Seat on here? any feedback on comfort compared to stock? Looking at Solo seat with the Pillion (passenger) seat. anyone have the separate P-Pad (Pillion)? its mounted with suction cups and one screw. how well does it hold for riding a passenger?

thanks... I have looked at the others Corbin, Gray, and La Para. C&C seems like a smaller company more willing to customize the seat colors/materials to what I want and at a good price...

Old 03-29-2007, 07:04 AM
ENZOTHEBAKER
Tourer
Default RE: Question for C&C Seat Owners...

I tried to get a seat from them (Chuck I believe) and even though he did send me some color samples in exotic skin, he seemed too busy to call me back. So after calling him every other day for a month to try and explain what design I want, I just gave up since he had nothing to add or contribute. I think he tries hard to please all but he may be way too busy to achieve that. Seems like the seats would look great if he had more people working with him.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:15 AM
DaveJ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[align=left]I have one on my bike. The seat is of good quality and I thought they were great to deal with.
[/align][align=left] [/align]

Old 03-29-2007, 11:45 AM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have two of thier seats..

I have the solo in flame stitch. Very happy with it and it's very comfortable. The only problem I have had with them is a few months after I had the solo I noticed 3 points on the underside where it worn thru the vinyl. I called chuck about it and he knew what the problem was. He sent me a return UPS slip and I am shipping it back to him and they are fixing it. I was one of thier first few '07 200 wide softail customers and they had a problem with the pan hitting the strut's and wearing thru. That problem is taken care of.

I just recently ordered thier sport tour saddle in flame stitch. Basically the same seat as thier solo except about a half inch wider I believe and has a more comfy rear passenger pad for when the wife wants to go for her rides. I just got it yesterday and looked at it is all but haven't done anything more with it.

I tell you though. I luv'd the way the solo seat sucked me down in the bike further. I think it drops you like an 1" or 1 1/4". The longest ride I have done on the bike so far with the solo is 200 miles. No problems.

Enzo. I know what you mean about how busy it appears they are. They do appear busy. I was talking to him about maybe doing some custom work to the sport tour. It took him a few days to get back to me and the price he relayed me really was a fair price. In the end though I went with thier stock tour seat.

I will say they are easy to work with and are pretty fast. I ordered my tour seat from them last tue or wed and I got it yesterday... wed... Seemed pretty decent to me and I think thier prices are very fair.

Old 03-29-2007, 01:17 PM
Lunder99
Cruiser

I have a sport tour on the train... So far I like the seat. I went with the leather and no stitching. I do like the amount of lower back support that the seat does provide. Quality is pretty good and they were pretty easy to get in touch with from my experience.
Chris

Old 03-29-2007, 03:27 PM
clueless
Tourer

Thanks for all the feedback. Anyone have any pics of the seats (like to see the top and bottom of their seats. how do they hook to the bike and clearances under the seat. I have a PCIII USB powercommander that the connector takes up some space.

Has anyone had one of their separate passenger seats? the separate P-Pad?

Old 03-29-2007, 04:47 PM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On my fxst the clearance is fine. I have my PCIII under there with everything else. Part of the reason I ordered thier sport tour was because the original badlander would not work with the pcIII under it. It attaches using the stock seat nut. The solo has to be moved up to the solo stock seat nut. I have pic's but not at work on my home puter.

Old 03-30-2007, 07:11 AM
skips69
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have their solo on my 07', and it is more comfortable than the LePera Bare Bones I used to have on an 05'. I don't have the P-Pad - I just use the stock seat for passengers. The C&C seat is very comfy, the price was very good and dealing with Chuck was all 1st rate.

Old 03-30-2007, 12:45 PM
clueless
Tourer

Thanks good to know its more comfortable then the LePera Barebones. I was looking at their solo seat as well because they have more P-Pad options and their Pass Pads screw in on both the front and rear...

I guess I could get the PPad and then put the stock seat on for any serious passenger riding. but that would mean I would have to install the stock driver seat. C&C Seats said that you cant install the OEM Passenger seat with their Solo.