Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker C front turn signal relocation wiring

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014 | 11:29 AM
HDFan0611
|
Road Captain

OK… thank you all…. I think I understand now.

I will disassemble the pin connector under the tank…per redbeard719 instructions, pull the wire that is connected to the turn signals from the top of the handle bars… keeping the wire uncut and long enough to relocate.

Then move the signals to the bottom part of the bike (Mike location)…but I will replace the stock bulb with the Custom Dynamics Running/turn signals LED inserts…so I will add the new controller and load equalizer.

If Im able to pull the wire in one pice from the handle bars…do I need the controller? or just the load equalizer?

I will order the controller (if needed), LED inserts, and the HD daymaker LED headlamp tomorrow…and hopefully install all next week.

By the way www.kutterharleyonline.com has great prices… over $100 savings and free shipping…

Now, the Daymaker LED is just plug and play…no additional parts required…correct?

Old 05-01-2014 | 12:27 PM
UT-rckr
Road Master

Daymaker is plug and play. For the Custom dynamics bulbs you are looking at it appears that the kury controller is not needed, but I would check with CD to make sure.

Old 05-01-2014 | 04:50 PM
HDFan0611
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by UT-rckr
Daymaker is plug and play. For the Custom dynamics bulbs you are looking at it appears that the kury controller is not needed, but I would check with CD to make sure.
I called CD and Kury… CD suggested the Slim Line Universal Signal Stabilizer($48) and Kury said I don't need the controller, that the Rocker already has a two function turn signals… the stock are running lights and turn lights…so no need for the controller and suggested to buy the one that CD sells to make sure all works properly.

Im also going to buy the Harley Universal Wiring Adapter ($10) from CD, that way I don't have to cut any wires and make a better connection.

Now the challenge will be to pull out the wires in one piece… is it necessary to take apart the handle bars… I rather not...

Old 05-01-2014 | 05:06 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member

im the king of 1/2 assers LMAO
on this though dont ask me why i didnt.. i think if
memeory serves me correctly i was doing the ape bar
install and was re-doing all the wires anyway.
=your welcome !

Old 05-01-2014 | 05:06 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member

oh the holes not sure what those are for LOL

Old 05-01-2014 | 09:16 PM
HDFan0611
|
Road Captain

Well, Ill give it a try…thank you all.

Old 05-02-2014 | 09:30 PM
HDFan0611
|
Road Captain

Update…

I worked on the wiring today…not as easy as some members said it will be…but lift the tank, remove the connector, disassemble the handle bars, disassemble the switch housings, pull the wires without cutting the turn signals…and put all back in place.

Now I will order the parts and install the turn signals sometime next week…thanks

I will upload some pictures later…I have them on my phone.

Last edited by HDFan0611; 05-02-2014 at 11:38 PM.
Old 05-02-2014 | 11:24 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member

ATTA BOY !
post [ics during we like dat chit

Old 05-03-2014 | 04:20 AM
hysteel15
6th Gear

I extended my forward controls an additional 3 inches, an there is an extra hole in the extension plate that was perfect for using stock lights. Sorry don't know how to add a pic but you can visit my garage on this site. There very visible and different

Old 05-03-2014 | 08:11 AM
Redbeard719
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

Originally Posted by HDFan0611
Update…

I worked on the wiring today…not as easy as some members said it will be…but lift the tank, remove the connector, disassemble the handle bars, disassemble the switch housings, pull the wires without cutting the turn signals…and put all back in place.

Now I will order the parts and install the turn signals sometime next week…thanks

I will upload some pictures later…I have them on my phone.
Hahaha! You will really appreciate the extra effort when you're all done!

The little clips are a real pain in the ***, but once you learn how they work, it does get easier. The turn signal clip is the harder style too to remove pins from!

As for the control housings...those are a pain too. Guess you got hit with a double whammy on this one, but at least you know nothing was cut.

Can't wait to see pictures...

Quick Reply: Rocker C front turn signal relocation wiring