Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to replace stock pipes

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 05:07 PM
willieg
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to replace stock pipes

I have an 07 deluxe that i just picked up. I looks like the old owner liked to rub his boot on the pipes. We have loud pipe laws here so i would like something nice to look at but not crazy loud. Any advice would be appreciated.

Old 04-22-2014, 05:12 PM
Sporty8806
6th Gear

My advice is go to a local bike night type event and hear/see what pipes you like and ask around. best pipes is a personal opinion but I will say I heard a lot of good things about cycle shack and since I had to replace my pipes anyways I went with 1 3/4 M pipes with slash cut muffler (they should be here this week) from them I found them on amazon for $210 shipped they also have slip on muffler which will improve sound and you won't go deaf either you can find those on amazon for under $200 easily. Best of luck.

Old 04-22-2014, 05:26 PM
MysticTraveler
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

There are a lot of youtube videos where people have done "before & after" clips of their stock & new exhausts. It can give you a flavor for what the different brands sound like. It's better to hear them in person though, like at a bike event. I was in a similar situation as you. Ended up getting Khrome Werks slip-ons... nice deep tone, and not too loud.

Old 04-22-2014, 06:41 PM
usraptor
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the forum from Utah. Re the boot marks on the pipes, your local Harley dealer sells a bottle of polish to get that off.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:49 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Pipes

Vance and Hines has what they call quite baffles for there pipes they are not that loud and they make some nice looking pipes. The baffles are an option cost about 60 dollars orcso

Old 04-22-2014, 08:55 PM
Brewmaster Bahb
Advanced

I recently put on some RC Components slip ons on. They have a bunch of different end caps to choose from and are nice to look at. They are on the louder side as they don't have any baffles. I ride to work a lot and work on a military installation and have to stop and show the military police my badge and they have yet to say anything about the pipes being too loud.

Old 04-23-2014, 06:29 AM
Warren9073
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MysticTraveler
There are a lot of youtube videos where people have done "before & after" clips of their stock & new exhausts. It can give you a flavor for what the different brands sound like. It's better to hear them in person though, like at a bike event. I was in a similar situation as you. Ended up getting Khrome Werks slip-ons... nice deep tone, and not too loud.
+1 on the Khrome Werks skip-ons. They look exactly like stock (which I like) and have a nice deep rumble kind of line the old Glass Pack mufflers for cars. They are louder than stock but not as loud as any of my riding buddies bikes with Vance and Hines.

http://www.khromewerks.com/HP-Plus-M...065-231-1.html

Old 04-23-2014, 06:34 AM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 276 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by willieg
I have an 07 deluxe that i just picked up. I looks like the old owner liked to rub his boot on the pipes. We have loud pipe laws here so i would like something nice to look at but not crazy loud. Any advice would be appreciated.
Look at Rush slipons with 1.75" baffles or the Screamn' Eagle factory slipons, The SE's will be the quietest. The Rush mufflers are about $300 new and about 1.0 hrs to install. You Tube has many sound bites of the Rush. You can also send your stock mufflers to American Custom Exhaust and have them modified or buy them modified from them. They are the quietest and company is a sponsor here.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:57 AM
streeteagle
Club Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by checkers
Look at Rush slipons with 1.75" baffles or the Screamn' Eagle factory slipons, The SE's will be the quietest. The Rush mufflers are about $300 new and about 1.0 hrs to install. You Tube has many sound bites of the Rush. You can also send your stock mufflers to American Custom Exhaust and have them modified or buy them modified from them. They are the quietest and company is a sponsor here.
I have the 1.75 Rushs', great Harley sound, & not "crazy loud".
I HAD a set of the SE's, not much louder than stock, should have listen to a set before I bought 'em, big mistake.

Old 04-26-2014, 07:58 PM
willieg
6th Gear

Thanks for the great advice guys.

Quick Reply: Looking to replace stock pipes