Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

softail solo seats

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 11:28 PM
Harley_Charley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Geech
I purchased a Buttcrack Solo because it looked so damn cool - but I have to admit, if I have to travel more than 50 miles, before I park the bike for the day I absolutely hate the seat. I'm not really a bike night guy and prefer a 400 or 2500 mile 7 day trip, so those shorter runs "in style" are usually more like running errands on the bike for me, not what I consider my typical ride. It's a firm "comfortable" for about an hour max for me. I'm not a form over function guy, but once in a while I like stripping the bags off, strapping on the solo seat, and have the guilty pleasure of enjoying a shorter ride in style if I don't have far to go. But it's stiff... painfully stiff.

I also picked up a Le Para Daytona Full Length Sport Seat at the same time as the Buttcrack... I dislike this one as well, it lasted one ride, but not due only to the lack of comfort - it moved me so far forward I couldn't handle it. If you're under 6' tall and you don't mind a firm seat, it may be better for you (PM me if you have any interest in learning more, it's like new and doing nothing on my shelf back in the original packaging after 1 ride).

My Dad swears by his Mustang solo seat and so does his friend, but I sat on one and felt as though it moved me 1" forward which was a no go for me. A shame because it felt really comfortable.

Honestly, with the return policy on seats being so strict, if you can afford the time / money for a custom seat, it sounds like the only way to go unless you have a friend with a seat you like after a lengthy test ride.
This was a tad more then what you paid for your Danny Gray Buttcrack seat but I love mine and it's super comfortable even on long rides and sits back farther for taller folks.

Bitchin Seats

The following users liked this post:
themetalist (06-16-2016)
Old 04-23-2014, 05:59 AM
07 deluxe
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default wide tripper

I just got a tripper yesterday....I don't think t moves you forward compared to a stock seat but with the backrest on it feels like it does compared to the wide vintage solo....The vintage is huge but the most comfortable in my opinion. I ordered the pullback bar for the backrest...hope it works...

Old 04-23-2014, 10:37 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

C&C redesigned their solo for 200 Lo last year. When I ordered it, I thought I was getting old style and wasn't happy about the new design. But it grew on me fast and am quite pleased with it now in regard to looks.

Old 04-23-2014, 02:03 PM
sioux565
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The Tripper seat is very "grippy". I had one on my Sportster for almost 5 years.

I have a LePera Bare Bones seat on my Slim right now and love it. It keeps you in the same seating position, is more comfortable, and looks a heck of a lot better when compared to the stock seat.

Old 04-23-2014, 06:36 PM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I roll with a Barebones, had it for years and love it. I ride all day in it. 200 plus a day

Old 04-25-2014, 09:08 AM
Sitnrok
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Corbin is what sold me, was really wanting a Mother Roads :-( but they didn't have any in Sturgis last year, I have lower back issues and have no issues riding all day with this 'cause it sits you into the seat and keeps you there, plus the added security of keylock to remove the seat :-)

here's the link:
http://www.corbin.com/harley/softail/hdstbl11se.shtml

Attached Thumbnails softail solo seats-img_5498.jpg  
Old 04-25-2014, 10:17 AM
07 deluxe
Cruiser

I just got the pulled back seat post for the tripper...makes a huge difference....doesn't feel as up front now. I have a bad back and don't last long without a rest..

Old 04-26-2014, 05:50 PM
greghockey17
Novice

well I ended up getting the mustang wide tripper solo. Got here quickly. They were a great help over the phone. Only was able to do a 30-40 minute ride. Been raining here and has been pretty cold lately so can't comment on further than that but I love it so far. Dont notice any seating position change from stock. Seat seems firm but is padded well so I assume it will get better once it breaks in a bit. I'll make another write up once I get a longer ride in

Old 04-28-2014, 07:02 AM
07 deluxe
Cruiser

If you find you need a little more leg room check out the other back rest post. It made a pretty significant difference. I'm not sure the passenger pillion will work with it though. I'll find out Tuesday.

Old 04-29-2014, 06:39 AM
greghockey17
Novice

Originally Posted by 07 deluxe
If you find you need a little more leg room check out the other back rest post. It made a pretty significant difference. I'm not sure the passenger pillion will work with it though. I'll find out Tuesday.
I was thinking of getting that for when the lady rides with me so I can get rid of my sundowner let me know how you/her like it.

Quick Reply: softail solo seats