Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

full face helmet

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 10:51 AM
bnsoftailrider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default full face helmet

I recently bought a full face helmet for cold weather riding and for riding in the rain to prevent that face sting from rain drops hitting my face at 60 mph.....it took some getting used to (have always worn a half helmet in the past) but I kinda like it now, and even wear it in warmer weather..I get a few comments from the so called "hard core" riders about full helmets being "sissy", but everyone has an opinion, which is the object of my post.....how doyouguysfeel about full helmets from comfort standpoint as well as asthetics?

Old 03-27-2007, 11:13 AM
jbroughton
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: full face helmet

I also bought one for cold and rain riding, but once it gets warm I have to go back to the other one... my full face helmet is just too hot to wear in the summer. It's also heavier, and I don't feel like I have as good a field of vision with it on. But I don't think of anybody as a sissy for wearing one - you just wear what you like, and if somebody else doesn't like, that's their problem!

Jeff

Old 03-27-2007, 11:49 AM
ozzy07840
Cruiser

i use the full face when it gets cold out too but i do prefer the half helmet ,i use to use the full all the time but like someone said it gets too hot in the summer if im taking a long highway trip ill use the full helmet .. i think on long trips on the highway you get less tired from less wind blowing in your face with the full helmet on .....[did that just make sence ???]

Old 03-27-2007, 12:52 PM
gconklin
Road Master

I used fullface over 10 years ago when I rode rice-rockets. I now have a DOT half but want to get a "fullface" modular for longer rides, colder weather, and overall safety. Not sure if I'll wear it all the time but I'm hoping I will... and I don't think anyone is a sissy because they think highly of safety and have more appreciation of the life that God's given us.

Old 03-27-2007, 02:07 PM
Softtail Bob
Road Captain

I have a full face I wear when it's cold or rainy but i switch to my half helmet when it warms up. I wasn't wearing a helmet much at all but when I installed the windshield on my old bike it made wearing the helmet much easier.

Old 03-27-2007, 02:39 PM
SCJE8
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I ALWAYS wear a DOT/SNELL helmet! A full-face when it is cold or rainy, and my half-helmet when the weather is nice!

I don't care what the idiot sitting across from me on his motorcycle at the stop light wearing shorts, flip-flops, tank top and sunglasses thinks of me...he's much more 'Joe Cool' than I am!

JMHO

Steve

Old 03-27-2007, 03:15 PM
panamoncreel
Tourer

I started out with novelty WW2 style half helmets but wear full helmets now. With all the money I dumped into braces recently, I don't need to go bashing my teeth in.

Old 03-27-2007, 03:57 PM
azurevirus
Intermediate

same here..wear what you please. Half the Harley ridersaround here are getting ticketed for wearing those "novelty" beanie helmets covered with "helmet laws suck" and other such stickers.the only stickers they dont have on them is a "DOT" sticker...which is the one they actually need.

Old 03-27-2007, 04:14 PM
agapsdiver
Road Master
Received 135 Likes on 58 Posts

I have always rode with a 3/4 helmet and "flat" wrap around
face shield..35 yrs. now. It's a little cooler in the summer then the full, provides protection from rocks and bugs to the face, and protection from rain and winter wind. It's quieter then the half, and not as "constricting" as the full.....I will always wear it ....but pray that I will never need it.
Soooooooooooo.. ride with your full face helmet... but drive like you have don't have a helmet at all. Be Safe.

Old 03-27-2007, 04:29 PM
HDChloe
Road Captain

A family friend of mine is an honest-to-God member of the Hell’s Angels” in California. He is one the toughest, scariest looking men I know. Anyway, he wears a full face helmet with reflective tape on it. Plus, he wears a reflective vest at all times. This guy looks like he is about 2 seconds from prison, but he is smart enough to know motorcycle accidents happen all the time. He said he never would ride without those things and if anyone doesn’t like it then…..well you get the idea.

Forget what people think and do what you want. Your definition of “cool” and mine are probably not the same. If it was everyone would be riding my 05 RK Custom. Lol

Ride safe,

Quick Reply: full face helmet