Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help - Passenger Pegs

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014 | 05:59 PM
banditgrrr
|
Novice
Default Need Help - Passenger Pegs

I have a 2006 Softail Deluxe. I'm going on a ride tonight and need to attach the passenger pegs to the frame. I'm missing the bolts. Does anyone know the size of the bolts so I can go to Home Depot and pick some up real quick?

Thanks

Old 04-12-2014 | 06:41 PM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member

take the pegs with you to Home Depot and match them
up there.

Old 04-12-2014 | 07:49 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member

I would have called a dealership. It'd have been quicker.

Old 04-13-2014 | 12:28 PM
banditgrrr
|
Novice

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
I would have called a dealership. It'd have been quicker.

Just a quick up date. I called the dealership and they would not tell me the size. They only said those bolts are sold in a kit and they'd be more than happy to sell me the entire kit which I was not willing to do.

Taking the pegs to Home Depot would not have helped. The holes in the pegs are not threaded. Only the frame is threaded.

I have a neighbor who has a Heritage and he took out one of the bolts and I took it to Home Depot to match it up. Just adding this post in case anyone in the future does a search with the same question. Those bolts are 3/8" - 16 and 3/4" length.

Old 04-13-2014 | 01:05 PM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by banditgrrr
Just a quick up date. I called the dealership and they would not tell me the size. They only said those bolts are sold in a kit and they'd be more than happy to sell me the entire kit which I was not willing to do.

Taking the pegs to Home Depot would not have helped. The holes in the pegs are not threaded. Only the frame is threaded.

I have a neighbor who has a Heritage and he took out one of the bolts and I took it to Home Depot to match it up. Just adding this post in case anyone in the future does a search with the same question. Those bolts are 3/8" - 16 and 3/4" length.
For all in the future that will need this information; thanks for posting the resolution.

Old 04-13-2014 | 01:24 PM
dyolfknip
Road Master

Originally Posted by banditgrrr

DK Customs sells quick release bolts. I grabbed them, and they work great.