Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Batwing Fairing

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 03:04 PM
timbuck32
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by badger3x
I have the Memphis shades and it uses a little different hardware. I like the fairing much better than the windshield and I think it looks better than it too. Imo the windshield makes it look like a police bike. Love the hot rod nature of my slim didn't want a touring bike so the fairing helps give me the best of both worlds and it sure has been nice on those cold days I might not have ridden.
What kit did you use to relocate the front turn signals?

Old 04-08-2016, 07:03 PM
Vandoo
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi

Thanks for the info. Looking on the Memphis Shades site it mentions the 2330-0017 doesn't fit the slim. So I am curious what mods you had to do in order to make it fit such as front turn signal relocation, etc... Hope someone could shed some light on this since Batwings, in my opinion, look bad *** on the slim.

Old 04-08-2016, 08:20 PM
jbfb
Road Captain
Received 115 Likes on 85 Posts

Just a few quick glances of the Reckless fairing on my Fatboy.
If you look closely you can just make out the mounting. I'll eventually take the chrome fork off (it's bolted to the fairing) and black it. The kit I ordered, (I might be able to find the part number for sure later), I'm pretty damn sure is the Heritage windshield kit. It's just 4 bolts, some washers and spacers. I had to grind down the washers on one side to get it right but no real problem.

Looking at the spot where the black meets the silver on my forks you'll see my turn signals. I cut them off the bars completely and used Custom Dynamics leds. They are white daytime running and amber turn and hazzard. Even when the fairing is off they make for a cool clean look.

https://www.hdforums.com/g/picture/5254589

https://www.hdforums.com/g/picture/5254590

edit: Oh, and those smoked fangs came with but you can leave on or take off. I'm not a HUGE fan of how they look but they've been on over the winter. They do a fair bit of cutting out turbulence coming up from under. But if you have the option, I'd consider leaving them out and looking into a pair of adjustable ones.

Last edited by jbfb; 04-08-2016 at 08:26 PM.
Old 04-11-2016, 07:58 PM
TXNT
Road Captain
Received 127 Likes on 94 Posts

Check out Dead Center Cycles Road Captain Fairing. Their description - Finally, a full batwing-style fairing specifically proportioned for FX and XL style bikes such as your Dyna, Softail or Sportster

https://www.deadcentercycles.com/fai...ad-captain.php

I considered this for my Night Tran (I know..complete sacrilege) before I bought my Street Glide and may still do it just cuz I like the look. I have a detachable HD windshield and was going to modify the brackets until I saw theirs and they are pretty slick. I like the look of a smaller batwing on Slims and 'trains. I saw one on a Night Train at a local HD shop and it rocked.
Good luck man!

Old 04-18-2016, 04:48 PM
THECPT
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great thread and great information. I was curious of what steps to take if I did want to add a faring and what companies would provide the best options.