Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dash is peeling

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 12:56 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

again you can get replacement parts for the aniv edition but they typically make you show your vin for them you will wnat to contact Moco for more info.. my buddy had to go though this for issues he had with the decal stripe down the middle of the tank.

Old 04-08-2014, 06:42 PM
Kurt G.
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll go check with the dealer when I pick up the touch up paint I ordered. Thank you.

Old 04-08-2014, 07:29 PM
Kurt G.
Intermediate

Hey Joe I did like you suggested and called Harley, the dash insert is on backorder but no production date, I'm going to see if the can put me on a list. The cost will should be around $75. I want the bike in pristine show room condition.

Old 04-08-2014, 07:35 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Dash

You should have no problem buying a replacement from HD give your stealer a call should be a easy replacement

Old 04-08-2014, 07:55 PM
FroggyFatBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurt G.
Hey Joe I did like you suggested and called Harley, the dash insert is on backorder but no production date, I'm going to see if the can put me on a list. The cost will should be around $75. I want the bike in pristine show room condition.

I've been on this end of needing a part with low demand and I wanted to tell you when a manufacture puts something like that on backorder, it is due to production numbers. they won't produce the decals until they have "X" amount of orders for that part. That amount could be anywhere from 10 -100 and could take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2yrs to get.

Ask your local dealer if they could put it on locate, another dealer somewhere in the country may happen to have one laying on the shelf somewhere. Dealers don't always run a locate automatically. back when I was looking for 4" risers and were on indefinite backorder, I had to ask them to run it on locate. low and behold a dealer in texas had a set and sent them to my local dealer and I had them in 4 days. the reason they don't want to get them from another dealer is they have to pay more from another dealer then they would to HD for the part..

Old 04-09-2014, 09:26 AM
Kurt G.
Intermediate

Froggy I will ask however I question if the local will be truthful for reasons you state. The bright side is it did not say not available YET. I don't think this is a dealer stock item though due to restrictions on selling. I may still try to use a paint thinner or something to soften us clear then using a pop-cycle stick type item to scrape it. Thanks for the heads up I will check.

Old 04-09-2014, 11:45 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

awesome! i am glad they will get you hooked up eventually buddy

Old 04-09-2014, 01:43 PM
Kurt G.
Intermediate

Hey thanks Joe, I don't mind waiting but sooner would be better.

Old 04-10-2014, 10:31 AM
Kurt G.
Intermediate

Yesterday I tried to see if any other dealers had one and no, tried to get on a list and local said not able I just have to wait till they are available. I'm going to see if I can contact someone higher up to get my name on a list. Any suggestions?

Old 08-19-2019, 11:33 AM
Gary454
Stage IV

Did you ever get a new insert? I am also trying to get a replacement with no luck. Tech damaged it while putting the seat back on and struggling to find the part.

Quick Reply: Dash is peeling