Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advise on new exhaust for deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 09:09 AM
mls02
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advise on new exhaust for deluxe

I am looking at an exhaust for my 13 deluxe. The stock exhaust is just too quiet. I have boom audio speakers on it so I don't want something too loud that I can't hear my radio tho. I would like something that I can see my rear axle covers. I do not care for the looks of the fishtails. What do you guys recommend for exhaust? I am leaning toward the Vance & Hines Bigshots staggered with quiet baffles, not sure if that will be too loud yet or not. Thanks for your advice.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:36 AM
nickel.wound
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the V&H BSS on my Deluxe. You can see pictures in my profile. I like them a lot.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:28 PM
yzergod
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

I have V&H Longshots and they are way louder than the Samson fishtail's I took off. Samson makes true duals that are straight cut as well.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:05 PM
Petey74
Novice

Everyone has their own opinion on exhaust and what sounds good and what is to loud/quiet. I have a 2007 heritage and had big shot staggered on them. They were to loud for me, even after adding the quiet baffles that did not do much at all! They are not to bad around town, but they got really old on trips involving full days of riding. Not only to loud, I also did not like the sound of them. I did a lot of work to my heritage this winter and one of the first thing to go was the b.s.s pipes. I put on a pro-pipe and love the sound of it! It is not a whole lot quieter but has a much better sound I think and is much lower sounding. I did a lot of research on it and called the tech guys at vance and hines and they say it preforms much better than the b.b.s. But again, this is just my opinion and everyone has a different one when it comes to exhaust!

Old 03-27-2014, 10:16 PM
SGMongoose
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

i have the V&H BSS on my deluxe and i think they're perfect. I also like the normal Big Shots on the deluge's. I have the Quiet baffles in. i think the tone is perfect with the quiet baffles vs the original baffles..., but its a little quiet for me. I think i'm going to either remove the packing or go back to the original baffles.

Pic below... Also i have a friend who happens to have a set of V&H BSS for 2012 and newer softails that he's trying to sell, 2k miles on them and they're mint if your interested.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 03-27-2014, 10:24 PM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by SGMongoose
i have the V&H BSS on my deluxe and i think they're perfect. I also like the normal Big Shots on the deluge's. I have the Quiet baffles in. i think the tone is perfect with the quiet baffles vs the original baffles..., but its a little quiet for me. I think i'm going to either remove the packing or go back to the original baffles.

Pic below... Also i have a friend who happens to have a set of V&H BSS for 2012 and newer softails that he's trying to sell, 2k miles on them and they're mint if your interested.

[IMG][/IMG]
I had the same exhaust without the baffles on my old Night Train. Ear bleeding loud.

Old 03-28-2014, 12:08 PM
Chiefus
Stage II

I have the 2012-2014 Harley Heritage Softail D&D Fat Cat 2:1 full system (Chrome with louvered baffle) on my '13 Deluxe.

I know what you're thinking: "Why put a Heritage exhaust on a Deluxe?"

Because, the same pipe for the Deluxe is shorter and I wanted the same style but I also wanted it to stretch out to the back of the tire, so i picked the Heritage version. It fit perfectly and has a deep throaty growl and thump to it. Sounds like a muscle car at idle and not too loud at cruising speed. The muffler is also large in diameter with a show-chrome finish and it looks awesome. Many riders have commented on the looks and sound and also I haven't seen a single Deluxe with this system, so it's unique.

Here's the part #580-32B
Here's the part link: http://www.danddexhaust.com/content/...21-full-system

Here's how it looks on my bike: [IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Chiefus; 04-10-2014 at 10:26 PM. Reason: added pic