Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I tried, but just couldn't do it...

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 10:47 PM
Pilzner
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: I tried, but just couldn't do it...

Just cruising aroundwith no helmet, I preferred no windshield. Now I commute via HWY 1 hour (each way) a day and must wear a helmet. I now love my windshield.

Old 03-25-2007, 12:37 AM
Softtail Bob
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear you on the helmet thing..With the winshield on I can wear my half helmet with no problems and my neck does not get tired at all. I to think it looks better without put I really like being comfortable..

Old 03-25-2007, 12:41 AM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

A windshield adds comfort, reduces fatigue, and can extend your riding season when it starts to get cold. Sure, I don't like the look of my bike with one on, but I couldn't imagine doing a 900 mile day without it.

Old 03-25-2007, 12:55 AM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I have been riding for 41 years now and swear I would never have a windshield. I bought one with my deluxe and did not even know why. when i purchased it they offered to cut it down i told them to let me try it full and if i do not like it then ill come back to have it cut. I left the dealer with the full windshield in place. One night I took it off after riding with it for about a month with in two miles I was on the way back to put it on its hard for me to ride without it now and its been on there for over two years. On the other hand i think the Deluxe lends itself to the looks of a windshield more so than the fat boy

Old 03-25-2007, 02:26 AM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: nikonf8

I have been riding for 41 years now and swear I would never have a windshield. I bought one with my deluxe and did not even know why. when i purchased it they offered to cut it down i told them to let me try it full and if i do not like it then ill come back to have it cut. I left the dealer with the full windshield in place. One night I took it off after riding with it for about a month with in two miles I was on the way back to put it on its hard for me to ride without it now and its been on there for over two years. On the other hand i think the Deluxe lends itself to the looks of a windshield more so than the fat boy
I agree. It looks natural on your bike.
Tom

Old 03-25-2007, 03:03 AM
SCJE8
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well...I don't know what to say. Windshields are not cool...unless I'm riding a Gold Wing! Simple and to the point!

Steve

Old 03-25-2007, 03:34 AM
Dinger
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Classicshave it all, Windshield, bags and backrest. Don't like the look, but I'm glad I had the choice when it was cold!

I'll usethe windshieldfor those cold nights and the long road trips that Imighttake...

Old 03-25-2007, 09:01 AM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I work 45 miles from where I live... a windshield is a necessity unless I want to walk around with bug splats all over my shirt all day. The jeans are still a problem if I don't wear chaps though.

Old 03-25-2007, 11:46 AM
BoneCrusher
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear ya man, as much as I would love a windshield on my long runs I just can't do it.

Old 03-25-2007, 01:01 PM
Splatter
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Geeze, it's not like windshields are mandatory.... Don't like 'em? Don't getone.

But I hear a mixed message that the real problem might be that you don't like the price. In that case either check out the used market or go look at the $500 ones until $300 seems cheap.

Quick Reply: I tried, but just couldn't do it...