Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying a New Softail - Deluxe vs Heritage

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2014 | 05:44 AM
Plvs Vltra
Cruiser

Columbia, SC was about the best place I had ever ridden. The drivers there actually looked out for people on bikes (backed off, hugged the side so cars behind could see me, slowed down way back at stop lights, always gave me lots of room). It's a far cry from what it was almost 20 years ago.

Last edited by Plvs Vltra; 03-28-2014 at 05:48 AM.
Old 03-28-2014 | 09:11 AM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator

Congratulations on your new Heritage. It's a wonderful bike, I love mine.

Old 03-28-2014 | 12:49 PM
moparbobby
Advanced

love the color

Old 03-28-2014 | 12:55 PM
bbrigette
Intermediate

Congrats.......I have the 2012 in the same color. It has the most ridiculous Rinehart pipes on it and is the most comfortable Harley I've owned! It's fast, loud and sexy!

Old 03-28-2014 | 01:42 PM
MysticTraveler
Road Captain

I had the same struggle a couple of years ago. Went with the Heritage. I really like that I can take the back seat, sissy bar & rack, and saddlebags off in about 30 minutes. Lets me toggle between solo and 2 up fairly effortlessly. As mentioned before, the Heritiage seat is very comfortable, having you 'sit in' the bike more than 'sit on'. I prefer the staggered exhaust also.

Ultimately, it boils down to personal preferance!

Old 03-28-2014 | 06:27 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by PurdueAV2003
Well, I ended up going with the Heritage. I talked with a couple dealers in the area, and no one was really budging on the price of the bike. It then became a game of how many extras I could get thrown in. They had to order some of the parts, but I got them to throw in (with installation) the detachable hardware for the sissy bar and bags, a highway bar and pegs, and the 5 year extended warranty. Hope to get everything installed soon. I always feel like I could get a better deal, but I think I did OK.

Unfortunately, I've only had one afternoon to ride so far thanks to my work schedule and our crappy weather this year. The weather looks to be decent next week, so maybe I can start breaking this baby in!

Congrats on your new ride! You're going to make many miles of memories on her!

Old 03-28-2014 | 10:38 PM
sdstanger
1st Gear

Congrats on the Heritage. I'm sure you'll like it just as much as the wife and I like ours. We traded our metric in on a 2014 Heritage just before Christmas. Haven't ridden it too much yet due to winter just hanging on. We'll be on it tomorrow, then park it as here comes more Winter.

Old 03-29-2014 | 08:12 AM
DavesBigBlue
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MysticTraveler
I had the same struggle a couple of years ago. Went with the Heritage. I really like that I can take the back seat, sissy bar & rack, and saddlebags off in about 30 minutes. Lets me toggle between solo and 2 up fairly effortlessly. As mentioned before, the Heritiage seat is very comfortable, having you 'sit in' the bike more than 'sit on'. I prefer the staggered exhaust also.

Ultimately, it boils down to personal preferance!
Sweet!

It is like 2 bikes in one.

Old 09-05-2015 | 04:34 PM
onefastcorvette
Tourer

Originally Posted by NDBadlands4-2
Buy the quick detach kits for the bags, then you can turn your Heritage into a Deluxe.

Bingo, that is the way to go!!

Old 09-07-2015 | 03:19 AM
ridecptn14
Intermediate

Originally Posted by onefastcorvette
Bingo, that is the way to go!!
lol bro do you really think they are still looking at this thread from march 2014 - likely already bought the bike over a year ago.

Quick Reply: Buying a New Softail - Deluxe vs Heritage