Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MIS conception on fat daddy 50 spoke wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 12:51 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default MIS conception on fat daddy 50 spoke wheels

A lot of people have led myself and others to believe that the 50 spoke fat daddy wheel is made by American wire wheel. This is not at all true. American wire makes a 40 spoke wheel and the fifty spoke is probably an import. I recently bought American wire wheel rotors and pulley for my deluxe to go along with the fat daddy wheels. I called American wire now also known as Dayton wheel as they have moved there operation to Ohio. I ask the guys there if they made the 50 spoke fat daddy for drag specialties and they said NO. my stealer was telling people that they were American wire. American wire is a manufacture and makes there own products. I had a rotor back ordered bike week did that on a lot of products all the dealers where in FLA. I told them my situation and they made me one and got it out for me receive the other day and I am planing on getting all on the bike by weekends end if not sooner. I am adding the matching rotors that American wire makes for there 40 spoke wheel and also there pulley along with a set of HHI Chrome calipers and a complete chrome rear master cylinder. Hope to post some photos as soon as the weather prevails

Old 03-23-2007, 06:11 PM
rick
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: MIS conception on fat daddy 50 spoke wheels

true,very true.I also understand that the spoke wheels that had a major problem a while back were the ones from american wire.