Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fender bib for Breakout?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 04:49 PM
markst
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might check out three mutts custom leather they make all kinds of fender bibs and tank bras.

Old 03-19-2014, 06:21 PM
BadBreakout
4th Gear

I saw a picture of a BO with the rear pillion off and he had like a chrome rack in its place.. It look pretty nice but I wasn't interested in removing the pillion.. If I run across the picture again I will post it here..

Old 03-19-2014, 07:50 PM
cbaywolf
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BadBreakout
I saw a picture of a BO with the rear pillion off and he had like a chrome rack in its place.. It look pretty nice but I wasn't interested in removing the pillion.. If I run across the picture again I will post it here..
I would love to see that as well, but of course I'd have to powder coat it black!

Old 03-19-2014, 07:58 PM
DeeRides
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain Itch
Give my wife a call,She makes all of that stuff ..
I looked all over the net for something 1) that I liked and 2) that didn't cost the price of a whole cow! Call Isabel and tell her what you have in mind. As for fit, she'll have you take a few measurements and it will fit your fender like a glove!

Old 03-19-2014, 08:05 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Bib

Check out sundog leather he can make any thing but he is not cheap mine is on his site under I think mikes deluxe it was costly but dam no one has one like mine you work with him to design it out standing but might be more than you want to spend when you appreciate art the money don't matter

Old 03-19-2014, 09:09 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Bib

Here is the bib sundog made me

Attached Thumbnails Fender bib for Breakout?-image.jpg  
Old 03-19-2014, 10:00 PM
dmlogs0
Advanced

I recently took my pillion off and removed the protective tape. Not long after I decided I'd like to put it back on for some extra lower back support now and then. Another protective tape thing would be like $30 and doesn't look all that great.

I decided to order three chrome and rubber strips to do the job like were on the '12 CVO softail convertible.

I should get them in later this week from the dealership. They just stick on with heavy duty double sided tape. I'll try to post some pics once they're on.

Attached Thumbnails Fender bib for Breakout?-image-4001218322.jpg   Fender bib for Breakout?-image-2760256422.jpg   Fender bib for Breakout?-image-2298071535.jpg  
Old 03-20-2014, 11:07 PM
Texas_Cornhusker
6th Gear

Here is my bib I just got from Captain-Itch, had to modify it a little bit to fit but you can't tell.

Old 03-20-2014, 11:12 PM
Texas_Cornhusker
6th Gear

Originally Posted by DeeRides
I looked all over the net for something 1) that I liked and 2) that didn't cost the price of a whole cow! Call Isabel and tell her what you have in mind. As for fit, she'll have you take a few measurements and it will fit your fender like a glove!
Mine didn't fit like a glove at all, thank god I had a leather punch laying around. checked my measurements again when I got it. Isabel was off by a little but no harm no foul. good quality, Leather is super thick so the threads weren't long enough to go through the bib and the seat, again I just attached the bib than screwed on the bolts without the seat with some vice grips till it had bent into the leather enough to fit.

Old 03-20-2014, 11:46 PM
dmlogs0
Advanced

Originally Posted by Texas_Cornhusker
Here is my bib I just got from Captain-Itch, had to modify it a little bit to fit but you can't tell.
That looks pretty good with the black on black. I have a red Breakout so I didn't really want to go with a bib. I installed my trim pieces tonight. I'll try to take some good pictures tomorrow in daylight. I'm pretty happy with the results. Even looks better with pillion on since the chrome edges show from the side!

Quick Reply: Fender bib for Breakout?