Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker C passenger options

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014 | 09:23 PM
TheDude4no1
|
6th Gear
Default Rocker C passenger options

Surely there are a dozen threads on this already and I'm just blind. Please just point me in the right direction.

Let me start off by saying I am a new rider. Before I purchased the 2010 Rocker C I knew that some options would be a little more limited when compared to other models. Now that she is finally sitting in my garage I'm anxious to personalize her for my needs.

The stock trick seat leaves a lot to be desired. I would love a 2-up option. Something that I can switch from a 2-up to a solo seat with a couple bolts and a few minutes. When riding to work I don't need a passenger seat. What options do I really have?

Heartland 2-up
Obvious choice.
My God is it expensive!
... and I can't find anything used.

Russ Wernimont Designs
Very nice.
Also extremely expensive.
Does now allow for conversion to a solo seat.

Bitchin Seat Co Pillion Pad
Add struts to the existing fender for support.
Just as expensive as the first two.

Having just bought the bike I'm not exactly looking to drop $2k+ for seats. Are there any other options out there I haven't come across yet?

Old 03-05-2014 | 10:45 PM
UT-rckr
Road Master

If you like the look of the stock fender attached to the swingarm, then the touring strut system designed for the non C is the way to go, if you can still find them. If memory serves me right the struts, luggage rack, passenger pillion and backrest will set you back around $750 all together at list price. You will also need to get the standard seat. There are a couple on eBay. If you want to swap your rear fender to a regular style strut supported one, then you can put a pad on there. You cannot put a pad on the stock fender though. Even if you brace it more, the passenger would hate life and possibly be bucked off.

Old 03-05-2014 | 11:29 PM
jtj75
Cruiser

Go with a Danny Gray seat. It takes about 10 minutes to change from stock. Just a few bolts

Old 03-05-2014 | 11:30 PM
jtj75
Cruiser

costs around $400 depending on what options you choose.

Old 03-06-2014 | 12:05 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

Thread about using the FXCW strut system on the C.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...ut-system.html

Old 03-06-2014 | 07:09 AM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by UT-rckr
If you like the look of the stock fender attached to the swingarm, then the touring strut system designed for the non C is the way to go, if you can still find them. If memory serves me right the struts, luggage rack, passenger pillion and backrest will set you back around $750 all together at list price. You will also need to get the standard seat. There are a couple on eBay. If you want to swap your rear fender to a regular style strut supported one, then you can put a pad on there. You cannot put a pad on the stock fender though. Even if you brace it more, the passenger would hate life and possibly be bucked off.
I originally made a new detachable portion of the FXCWC passenger seat with a larger cushion and backrest (will no longer stow under the driver seat).

But I eventually went with the FXCW strut setup, but made my own cushion so it wouldn't look so bulky. If you leave the FXCW driver's seat on, the passenger seat and struts only take a few minutes to put take on or off.

First photo is the modified FXCWC seat, second is the modified FXCW strut setup.

Attached Thumbnails Rocker C passenger options-img_3777resize.jpg   Rocker C passenger options-001b.jpg  
Old 04-02-2014 | 07:02 PM
TheDude4no1
|
6th Gear

Thanks for all the input.

Of all the options I feel like I might just stick with a DG solo seat for a year. Maybe save up a bit of coin and just do it right. The Heartland Kit is absolutely sick but I'm worried about the extra cost of painting and installing the new rear fender.

Anyone install the Heartland Kit on a Rocker C and have advice to give?

Old 04-02-2014 | 09:09 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

Short fender=wear a rain suit if riding through puddles...
The pictures you see of the Heartland kit are on lowered bikes.

Old 04-10-2014 | 08:50 PM
Black Rock
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Kowan
Thread about using the FXCW strut system on the C.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...ut-system.html
Kowan I have been searching for the stut system set up for some time here in Australia.
I have the Danny Grey seat and the strut system seems to be the best or only option...

The Harley dealers here tell me that they have been discontinued and there is no stock in Australia.
I've tried to contact Harley dealers in both the USA and UK and they wont talk to me because of the Harley distribution restrictions...

Anyone got this set up for sale???
Or any advice on what I can do next???

Old 04-10-2014 | 11:35 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

I bought mine already polished then chromed but never used on Ebay.
I would almost daily check under "Rocker", FXCW, and FXCWC.
They ended up cheaper than the stock setup would have been.

Quick Reply: Rocker C passenger options