Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New front wheel woble on jack?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 11:47 AM
DakotaYota
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New front wheel woble on jack?

So its too dang cold out to take it for a ride to check, but when I jacked my bike yesterday, I gave my new front wheel a good hard spin. I noticed it has a slight woble to it. These are brand new DNA wheels, and it came with some cheap Vee brand front tires. Im contemplating taking it over to a dealer and just have a good front tire thrown on. Thoughts on what to do? I was also wondering if just deflating and reair would work?

Old 03-03-2014, 12:04 PM
Ramboamt
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DakotaYota
So its too dang cold out to take it for a ride to check, but when I jacked my bike yesterday, I gave my new front wheel a good hard spin. I noticed it has a slight woble to it. These are brand new DNA wheels, and it came with some cheap Vee brand front tires. Im contemplating taking it over to a dealer and just have a good front tire thrown on. Thoughts on what to do? I was also wondering if just deflating and reair would work?
Is it the wheel or the tire that is wobbling?
If it is the wheel, spin the wheel with something that is fixed in place so it does not move right next to the wheel for a reference to verify if it is the wheel and if so have the spokes checked. If it is the tire it might need to be remounted or if you don't like that tire get the one you like.

Old 03-03-2014, 01:31 PM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member
Received 786 Likes on 473 Posts

My Heritage has a bit of a "wooble" and when I had the front tire replaced a couple of weeks ago I had them check it and was told it was within specs. Once it warms up (and I know that could be a few weeks ) take it out and see how it rides. If it rides smooth then don't worry about it.

If you still worry about it, get a repair manual and look-up how to test the run-out.
That will tell you if you have in fact a problem.