Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Info about Teardrop Tool Box Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014 | 07:00 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Motown Strag
But the passenger peg has to be sacrificed right?
No, you just get a longer bolt and a chrome extension. Harley sells a kit, but I made my own.

Old 02-24-2014 | 09:01 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member

I really like the look of those tool boxes. Might be a future upgrade to mine as well.

Old 02-24-2014 | 10:10 AM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member

I hear ya Bone Doc but like I said, it's as much for show as it is for carrying stuff. It looks very nice and neat and gets good comments when I show the bike and open it.

Old 02-24-2014 | 07:56 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Default Tools

Originally Posted by tbonetony06
I THINK there are extensions for those, isn't there? I didn't buy my bike new so I don't know if those were on there new or if the guy I bought the bike from put them on. I had taken them off and sent out to be chromed so I am not 100% but check it out 1st. I also have the Samsons. Ghoticov, again I am not 100% sure but I think you can put one on your bike so check that 1st too, left or right side. I have the right side and I had the inside of it lined with auto truck felt for show and so that crap in there won't rattle around going down the road.

EDIT: Hmmm, I just noticed I have an old picture up and the tool box doesn't show on my bike in this picture, Sorry Dude.
Tbone harley makes an insert for the tool box fits in there and has a zipper on it

Old 02-24-2014 | 08:04 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Default Tool box

I hear ya Bone Doc but like I said, it's as much for show as it is for carrying stuff. It looks very nice and neat and gets good comments when I show the bike and open it.
Here is the part number for the Softail Toolbox Liner-91838-92

Old 02-24-2014 | 10:42 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member

Yes, I was aware that there were liners but again, it's that lil something different when I show the bike. It has always gotten positive comments and feed back when I open it and show it. Just something new, something different.

Old 02-25-2014 | 07:07 AM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator

I have one on my 02 Springer FLSTS, also with passenger floorboard.

Attached Thumbnails Info about Teardrop Tool Box Kit-springer-right.jpg  
Old 02-25-2014 | 10:22 AM
yzergod
Road Warrior

Tony has the inside of his set up a little different than most...

LOL!!!

Old 02-25-2014 | 03:13 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member

yzergod, that's funny, a good one!!! I have enough evil and bad thoughts all on my own, I don't need any more help in that area at all!!! Honestly guys, I really wanted to do my bike in such a way as it always had that "stock flavor" to it. Until I did the apes and pipes my bike "appeared" to be mostly stock other than a little chrome here and there. What I tried to do was to also focus on the little things. At 15, 20 feet my bike looked stock until you got up on it and looked. Also, just because I had it lined does not mean I still can't use the liner and with it's tools in it. It is lined but still very functional should I so choose too. In fact, I have every intent on getting the liner and tools for when I retire and travel. If I go to a show I will just leave the liner with it's tools at home.

That's when all the small details comes out and one notices that wow, this is not a stock bike at all, hence the lined tool box! To me, the little details are what truly makes a bike stand out. I also didn't want to "over do it" either, I don't like gaudy. Still, with these apes and pipes my bike still has a lot of that stock flavor to it. There are some bad *** bikes in this site. I hope my bike fits in there somewhere. I do hope there are those who sees it and says WOW but mostly I did this bike for me, what I think is cool and awesome! The ride and comfort too. If a hater walks up and says he couldn't ride my bike for what ever reason they would be right, they can't ride it!!!

Old 02-25-2014 | 06:27 PM
Motown Strag
Road Warrior

Im gonna line mine in orange ****, it will look all stock and **** when its closed and then...BAMMMM!! WHHHHhaaaaaaaatttttt! haha

Just messing with you Tony...no one can ride your bike bro...you got the keys

Quick Reply: Info about Teardrop Tool Box Kit