Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Softail Breakout Mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 12:10 AM
Harley_Charley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by duluth
If so would you be interested in selling your stock taillights?
I'll sell you my stock tails depending on price.

Old 03-10-2014, 01:32 AM
head_hunter
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by duluth
Great build wouldn't change a thing, you nailed it perfect, and a quick question about your factory taillights if I may.

Do the breakout taillights have 3 power wires with a ground wire for each taillight?
If so would you be interested in selling your stock taillights?
What he said. Lol. Like 24v mentioned, 3 wires... One is ground, one running and one signal (brake/turn). As far as my off units, uh, well... They a went into the recycle bin. I kept asking around, and none of the guys at work wanted any of it.
My complete OEM exhaust, lights, headlight, cables, hoses, pegs etc all went in the can. I kept the primary and clutch, the shocks, and the front and rear brakes, rotors, and drive sprocket. I might need slapped for that move.

Old 03-10-2014, 03:08 AM
srt8
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by head_hunter
here is my RC51. Exaust look farmiliar? The CBR1000rr is what I traded off for the HD Breakout. Good times, but on to new things...

Love the Breakout, Love the garage even more, love the vehicles in the driveway also

Old 03-10-2014, 11:57 AM
duluth
Road Captain
Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts

Thank you both but my Rocker taillights definitely have 4 wires each, I checked the service manual

Mark

Old 03-10-2014, 02:33 PM
head_hunter
Cruiser
Default For my next trick...

So funny story.. I am building top boxes like i mentioned, then off to finish the rear hugger solo fender, and maybe a D. Gray seat. One iron in the fire at a time for me, or I won't finish anything. I know me. Here is the fun part... I got this, with big ambitions and love doing sh*t that people say won't work or can't be done. Here we go!

Attached Thumbnails 2013 Softail Breakout Mods-wp_20140309_012.jpg   2013 Softail Breakout Mods-t2ec16vhjg-e9nm3p39bbrzcpvwgvw-60_57.jpg  
Old 03-10-2014, 04:50 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 706 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by head_hunter
I got this, with big ambitions and love doing sh*t that people say won't work or can't be done. Here we go!
No one says you can't put a roots blower on a Harley. Magnacharger did that long ago.

Should be cool though, love to see how you get it done.

Old 03-10-2014, 05:11 PM
legacywr
Advanced

Where did you get your folding licence plate holder? And, is it illuminated?

Old 03-10-2014, 10:42 PM
head_hunter
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 24v
No one says you can't put a roots blower on a Harley. Magnacharger did that long ago.

Should be cool though, love to see how you get it done.
I hear ya, 24v. Gear heads have been doing crazy stuff for years with with these things. Blown V-twins have been kicking a$$ on the track since before I was a kid. I was more talking about the B.S. sessions around the lunch table. Lol
"It will never work!" hahaha!

Old 03-10-2014, 10:52 PM
head_hunter
Cruiser

I am a little corn-fused on where I want it to sit. The Magnacharger looks pretty neat, but it blocks off the styling of V-twin too much. I don't like the looks of the Pro-charger/heat exchanger for this bike (those things are pretty slick, tho). I'm kinda thinking about down low in front, where the ignition is mounted now. Belt driven off the cam side. Lots of fab-work for a guy like me, but I think it would be worth it... or a giant waste of resources and ruin my bike.

Either way, it gets here this week. It's gonna sit on the shelf for a few months for sure. I gotta build it in my head a bunch of times first.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:18 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 706 Likes on 383 Posts

I think down in the front would definitely help it with the cooling airflow that it will require. Should be interesting for sure. I would love to see it.

Quick Reply: 2013 Softail Breakout Mods