Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upgrade to a heavy duty clutch spring...

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2018 | 12:25 PM
Wide_Open
Ultimate HDF Member

I changed cams and had the heads ported and polished on my Night Train. When they were dyno tuning it they said the clutch was slipping and suggested the S/E spring. The pull is not much heavier than stock.

Old 11-10-2018 | 07:55 AM
Stud Duck
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Topgunfatboy2008
I'm going to be changing my compensator and chain adjuster to the baker compensator and Baker attitude adjuster manual chain tensioner on a 2008 Fatboy I wanted to know if it was worth putting the Screamin Eagle clutch spring in..with stock clutch plates to help with some more Pull.. have stage 1 Vance & Hines Pipes big shots dagger Vance & Hines high flow air breather and fuelpak.. while I'm in there is it worth 30 bucks I heard it was.. I'm a big guy I'm not really worried about pulling the lever just wanted to know was it a big difference..when i get on the throttle.. I know this is an old post any help is appreciated
If you want more “pull” on your clutch lever, it’s worth it, and for the $, you can’t go wrong. I did it after installing my cams, because of slippage from the extra umf it made, (stock clutch plates).
I like it, but wonder if it’s going to age my clutch cable faster? Or am I just over analyzing...

Old 11-10-2018 | 08:06 AM
PDB17UltraRG
Ultimate HDF Member

Sounds like it all makes sense after reading this forum thanks for all your knowledge were and when it counts.

Old 11-10-2018 | 08:31 AM
Screamin beagle
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by fatboy1729
Thanks to all who replied. I appreciate it. I forgot to mention in my post that I am doing the big bore upgrade on a 06 Fatboy. Where can I get me one of those clutch springs? The dealership? Does Screamin Eagle have this clutch spring that I need? One last thing, I promise, how easy is this job to do and can someone here give me any tips on exactly how to do it? I know the primary has to come off first. Then what? Thanks again to any replies...
the factory service manual is priceless when doing your own work on your bike. Shop around for a used one or one of the online places like boardtracker.com have decent prices

Old 05-03-2019 | 06:41 PM
yooper1962
Novice
Default Get a veriable cluch spring if your over 100 hp 110tq if Tackometer goses xing and your speed doesnt you have a problem otherwise your fine im over 100hp 110 tq and no slipage i used to do dirt drags on nitro then used stock spring

]Hey Forum, I am in the middle of my winter mods and by saying that I mean doing something for the first time. Doing a big bore and cams and all the other goodies while everything is off. Learned so much from this build and very interesting. Anyway, my question is, to all you who have done engine upgrades, have you changed your stock clutch spring to a heavy duty one? I was told this by a few big names out there that sell these big bore kits. They said that my stock clutch won't be able to handle all the extra H.P. and Torque. Also was told it was an easy mod to do. Has anyone done this? Please give any advice and any tips on this because I don't want to tear her apart again. I will do it now while everything is off. Come on you mororheads, I know some of you did this. LOL. Thanks in advance for any replies.[/QUOTE]