Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WRD dash on night train

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 09:30 AM
Ink83
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts
Default WRD dash on night train

Well the powder coaters did a very poor job on it and after a very heated argument I got no where in getting it fixed, so my only option now is to take it some where else that'll take a bit of pride in their work...but for the time being I fitted it all up to see how it looks on there. Pretty happy with it so I think it'll stay. It's a Russ Wernimont Designs dash

Attached Thumbnails WRD dash on night train-image-421942148.jpg   WRD dash on night train-image-4288126681.jpg   WRD dash on night train-image-4080690404.jpg  
Old 02-07-2014, 10:03 AM
Echo6 Sierra
Road Captain
Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Looks good. I think that's the same one I ordered. When I test fit mine and screwed the ignition switch in, the bosses on the back side cracked because they were so thin. It's a cheap cast console. I also didn't like the "dummy hole" at the bottom. I sent mine back and got the HD full length dash. Just didn't feel paying the money for PC just to be unhappy with it, then be stuck with it.

Old 02-07-2014, 10:14 AM
Ink83
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Echo6 Sierra
Looks good. I think that's the same one I ordered. When I test fit mine and screwed the ignition switch in, the bosses on the back side cracked because they were so thin. It's a cheap cast console. I also didn't like the "dummy hole" at the bottom. I sent mine back and got the HD full length dash. Just didn't feel paying the money for PC just to be unhappy with it, then be stuck with it.
Yeah I was thinking what the heck is with that hole too. Ordering it when I looked at the picks I thought there'd be a bracket or something with it, but nope, just a hole. I'm just going to plug it. You got a pic of the dash you ordered? I look at the the HD panels and I couldn't find anything that I was after. I just wanted a plain smooth full tank dash

Old 02-07-2014, 12:10 PM
Echo6 Sierra
Road Captain

The reason that hole is there is because that dash is t specific to any softail; there are minor differences in the years. For example, on a 95 softail there may be a bracket on the tank where that hole is used but on a 2000, there isn't.

I'll look around and see if I can find a pic for you.

Old 02-07-2014, 01:13 PM
Elmwood Deluxe
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

INK83, if you don't mind me asking what are you doing with the stock Night train dash, have a buddy that's been looking for one for awhile for his Springer. let me know if you'd be interested in parting with it.
By the way bike looks awesome!

Old 02-07-2014, 01:37 PM
Echo6 Sierra
Road Captain

If he doesn't have his, I think I have mine laying around somewhere.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:41 PM
Ink83
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Elmwood Deluxe
INK83, if you don't mind me asking what are you doing with the stock Night train dash, have a buddy that's been looking for one for awhile for his Springer. let me know if you'd be interested in parting with it. By the way bike looks awesome!
Thanks man. I'd definitely part with it but being in Australia, and the cost of postage, I'd suggest try echo6 first as that would work out cheaper for you.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:53 PM
bswearingen
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks pretty damn good, even with the random hole

Old 02-07-2014, 09:02 PM
Ink83
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by bswearingen
looks pretty damn good, even with the random hole
Thanks buddy, I'm happy with, apart from the paint at the moment.

I was going to black the bezel out on the dakota too, but I think it needed that touch of chrome to break it up. This is still been heavily debated in my head lol
Was going to make a bracket up that from that hole down to where the old bib screwed in, but the seat holds it firmly in place at the bottom so I should of had it welded up or something. Ill just get a HD plug for it. That way I guess if I ever want to sell the dash then the options there for some one else if they have a model that suits it

Old 02-10-2014, 05:04 AM
Ink83
Road Warrior

Found a temporary plug for the hole, it's not flush, and I was originally thinking of a black flush plug so it didn't stand out but this I'm liking, it's kinda a cool subtle touch...spade with a 13 in it

Attached Thumbnails WRD dash on night train-image-4141497363.jpg  

Quick Reply: WRD dash on night train