Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 107" build (CP 10.75:1 Pistons, 574 Easy Start Crane Cams)... and 2" Tank Lift!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 05:39 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by ghoticov
It's all good man, I had some help. It does ride great... too bad I couldn't get it out today. HA!

Let's definitely set up a time to ride... maybe you, me, dennyo and soft02. Sounds like fun!
Would love that. Need to finish putting my motor back together and re building my tranny though.

Old 02-06-2014, 06:48 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
Would love that. Need to finish putting my motor back together and re building my tranny though.
Sounds great!

Do you have any kind of compression releases on your build with the 555 cams?

Old 02-06-2014, 06:50 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member

Sounds great!

Do you have any kind of compression releases on your build with the 555 cams?
Nope. Starts just fine.

Old 02-06-2014, 07:00 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member

Nope. Starts just fine.
Cool. Mine felt like it struggled a little even with the 96".

You gonna get it dyno'd after you get it all back together. Chris can do it while you wait...typically 3 hours or so. He can really dial it in, much better than the canned map from Fuel Moto. He can show you a before and after also.

Old 02-06-2014, 07:06 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member

Cool. Mine felt like it struggled a little even with the 96".

You gonna get it dyno'd after you get it all back together. Chris can do it while you wait...typically 3 hours or so. He can really dial it in, much better than the canned map from Fuel Moto. He can show you a before and after also.
Depends on if I decide to do the heads this spring. Dont want to pay for 2 dyno runs.

Old 02-06-2014, 08:18 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member

Depends on if I decide to do the heads this spring. Dont want to pay for 2 dyno runs.
Makes sense to me!

Old 02-06-2014, 08:19 PM
AmishindianHD
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sure is more fun to ride I bet. I have a built 107 and 103 done to the max with heads/TB and can say that when tq carries out to 6k and hp over 120 it can come in handy in certain situations.
That set up u have looks great on the dyno chart. the tq is booming right off idle near 110 which is great and is a result of your ccp which would be around 211 based on your cam intake close and static comp. I hope that once some carbon forms on those pistons and your comp rises a tick or two that this build doesn't get some ping and harder starts. Use some lucas top end cleaner sometimes in a full tank to try and avoid what is a borderline too high compression issue. But more fun to ride. I had a bike at 220 ccp once, fun as hell but not for long.

Old 02-06-2014, 08:40 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by AmishindianHD
It sure is more fun to ride I bet. I have a built 107 and 103 done to the max with heads/TB and can say that when tq carries out to 6k and hp over 120 it can come in handy in certain situations.
That set up u have looks great on the dyno chart. the tq is booming right off idle near 110 which is great and is a result of your ccp which would be around 211 based on your cam intake close and static comp. I hope that once some carbon forms on those pistons and your comp rises a tick or two that this build doesn't get some ping and harder starts. Use some lucas top end cleaner sometimes in a full tank to try and avoid what is a borderline too high compression issue. But more fun to ride. I had a bike at 220 ccp once, fun as hell but not for long.
Oh yea, its a blast to ride!

As far as most of what you typed, I have no idea. Lol I went with the combo that Chris, someone who is well respected in the engine building industry, said to go with for what I was looking for. He didnt say anything about possible pinging and I certainky hope it doesnt happen. He said its a solid, strong build and will be reliable.

What exactly is ccp? I assume it has something to do with the combo of piston compression and cam lobe design?

As far as harder starts, that should never happen. With the easy start cams, it starts easier now thatn it did when I had a 96" with Wood 555 cams.

Last edited by ghoticov; 02-06-2014 at 08:42 PM.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:53 PM
AmishindianHD
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ccp, cold cranking pressure. You could be fine, I do my builds in the 205-208 range. Easy start cams and high octane gas are the ticket. Enjoy that power my friend, If your softy becomes a 124 incher someday I'll understand. That's where mine will end up. lol

Old 02-06-2014, 09:02 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by AmishindianHD
ccp, cold cranking pressure. You could be fine, I do my builds in the 205-208 range. Easy start cams and high octane gas are the ticket. Enjoy that power my friend, If your softy becomes a 124 incher someday I'll understand. That's where mine will end up. lol
Haha! I dont think I can ever afford to do a 124.

I may....and stress MAY end up doing headwork but to me, I dont that its worth only just getting extra hp and not much more torque for the price of going the heads and having to re-dyno it.

Right now, it feels like a new bike and I cant imagine it being much quicker...although I know it can be. It feels so friggin quick now, I have to really be cautious on how hard I roll the throttle.

Quick Reply: My 107" build (CP 10.75:1 Pistons, 574 Easy Start Crane Cams)... and 2" Tank Lift!