Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deluxe seat mods!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 12:37 PM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by OS_DELUXE
Stock seat cut back a couple of inches and restitched to match pinstripe. Springer rail added. I switch to this seat for long rides and use the LePera for local riding (100 mile)
Good looking job. Love that springer seat rail.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:31 PM
kneesinthebreeze
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Just scored a Springer seat rail for my Deluxe but I had to pay a pretty penny. It is worth it to me though as I really like the look.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:50 PM
Harley03joe
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by tbonetony06
I love how my Deluxe looks with it's stock seat and backrest. It does push me forward a tad though so when my INDY has all the mods done on my bike that I want done this winter it's going to my upholstery guys to get the seat re-worked. I want to take a little off the top for a lower profile and some out of the back of the seat so I can slide back an inch or so. I'm then getting gel insert's and then get the seat done in black and white to match the bike. If anyone out there has any pictures of their stock seats that has been re-worked I would love and appreciate being able to see them. I also just bought another stock seat off of a guy so I can take my bike back and forth from stock to the custom look. So, I don't know if I just want to get the stock seat re-worked or to get the seat with the backrest re-worked. I will also get the passenger seat and passenger backrest done to match the bike's paint scheme and the front seat as well. I sure can't wait till spring, it's been a tough winter and I just want to ride and to put some wind in my face. I said that once before and someone suggested having someone drive me around in my car and stick my head out the Astro roof. It's not the same by any stretch of the imagination.
E-Bay Find
UPDATE THIS "DOES NOT FIT THE OEM SPRINGER SEAT"
The Holes On The Bottem Of The Seat Don't Line Up
I Sent It Back And It Only Came In Black.

Rider Driver Seat Rail w Backrest for Harley HD Softail FLSTS Heritage Springer | eBay

Last edited by Harley03joe; 03-23-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:12 AM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I see someone posted up a backrest on ebay. I already have a stock seat and a 2nd stock seat with a backrest. What I said that might have been confusing was that I don't know which one to get re-worked, the seat with the backrest or the other stock seat I have on it's own.