Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield height adjustment?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 02:19 PM
kato1964
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield height adjustment?

I just picked up my new (to me) Fat Boy yesterday. On the (glorious!) ride home, I did note one thing already that I don't care for. The top of the winshield is about 1" too high, or a couple of inches too low, depending on how you look at it. I'm not quite looking over it, but on the other hand I'm not quite looking through it.To get a clear line of sight, I either have to hunch down a bit (which isn't very good for my already buggered up back...) or sitbolt upright. (which I can't sustainfor that long...)I'm not sure of the exact type, as it was on the bike when I bought it, but it appears to be a standard size Harley quick detachable windshield. (I don't believe it is the 'king size'...) Does anyone know of any way to adjust it up or down? My father and I took a look at it once I got the bike home, but couldn't see any way to do this. Any hints/tips would be appreciated. Thanks...

Old 03-18-2007, 03:04 PM
Bluerose
Default RE: Windshield height adjustment?

There are several threads around that detail cutting down your windshield. Theoretically, your shield should be below eye level, of course that is all relative to what you like...somefolks like looking through. found it needed to be lower for me cause it got in my way lookingthrough the corners

It's not too hard, however you could also consider getting a lower windshield for your hardware if they make them.

Here's one of the older threads about cutting down your windshield: https://www.hdforums.com/m_31618/mpa...d/tm.htm#31811

Old 03-18-2007, 03:25 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Windshield height adjustment?

I had the same problem when I picked up my FatBoy (which came with the quick disconnect windshield and hardware).

The top of the windshield was right in my line of sight. I believe the windshield was right at 20 inches, from the top of the headlight cutout to the top of the 'glass'.

I ended up ordering a "2 inch under" Cee Bailey replacement which mounted to the stock hardware without any problem. It's right at 18 inches from the headlight cutout to the top of the windshield (shown in the below picture).

The Cee Bailey is great, much better quality than the HD windshield and crystal clear. Now when sitting in my normal 'laid back' position I can see over the windshield, and if need be I can 'crunch down' a little bit and look through the windshield.

http://www.ceebaileys.com/harley/fls..._flstf_ws.html