Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail ride.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014 | 04:31 AM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member

Tony it's the same here in the Northeast, I won't take mine out either though some do, I need a rat bike to ride in the winter

Old 01-16-2014 | 05:46 AM
QC
Club Member
Riders Club Member

I hope to get out tomorrow, supposed to be in the 50s. Would like to meet up with you as well. I'm about an hour south here in south Denver. Yzergod is about 6-7 hours out. I haven't ridden since just before Christmas.

Old 01-16-2014 | 09:08 AM
Ramboamt
Road Warrior

The right coast, hmmm, It should be called the wrong coast when I comes to the freezing weather...

83 here in the inland empire just east of LA. AKA Southern California, ... The only thing we have here right now are the high winds but they are going away today.....

Old 01-16-2014 | 09:42 AM
GOBEAVS
6th Gear

Been riding all week here in Portland Or. rain stopped so I'm taking advantage of it.

Old 01-16-2014 | 10:03 AM
oct1949
Club Member

Feel the same as you do T-bone.. retired for almost 8yrs now and I don't enjoy the snow at all anymore, but with the kids and grand-kids here it'd be hard for grandma to move south.

Most all of us riders that live in the mid central state are having a colder and snowier winter than normal so far.

I can usually get out for several hour long rides during most winter months, but that's not working out this yr so far.

Seems like times slow down when we want it to speed up. (Come on spring weather.)

Old 01-16-2014 | 10:10 AM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by CagelessRoy
Salt? Magnesium Chloride? What's that stuff for?

But I feel your pain. I get antsy when I can't ride for 5 or 6 days. How y'all survive north of the Red River I just don't know...
I`ve been riding every day since the arctic vortex left us.

Old 01-16-2014 | 10:24 AM
tbonetony06
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Same for me. I can't see myself moving away from my kids and my new, one and only Grandson. I moved here a little over 25 years ago so this is not home for me but it's home for my kids. I can however leave them behind for the worst of the winter months. I would probably hang around for the holidays, Thanksgiving and Christmas but after that I'm gone.....

Old 01-16-2014 | 10:32 AM
ducatirdr
Advanced
Default Winter Riding or the lack of...

New to the forum but a long time rider. I used to pride myself on riding every month of the year. Maybe I'm getting older (51) but I don't like the cold rides on the street in January. So I put studs on my KTM eduro plated bike and ride to the trails and blast through the woods while sweating up a storm. Hell Ya!

Speaking of not riding...

How about buying a new bike in January in the northeast? Ya I sold my Deluxe last fall and am now a new owner of a '14 Breakout. I did test ride one last fall and was about to purchase but held off as I knew it would sit for the winter. I was kicking around when to purchase the bike when the local dealer told me they would ship it down to and back from Daytona for free for Bike Week. That and no warranty start up until March as well. We haggled for about an hour and I purchased the Breakout rolling on last years CVO wheels. NICE!

Now back to riding. $@#$!!! I just purchased a new bike and I can't ride the freaking thing... Talk about bat s@#$ crazy!

Attached Thumbnails Softail ride.-1505446_10202173623515663_1471969061_n.jpg  
Old 01-16-2014 | 11:36 AM
Monkey55
Novice

Originally Posted by Ramboamt

83 here in the inland empire just east of LA. AKA Southern California, ... The only thing we have here right now are the high winds but they are going away today.....
How is the fire and smoke up there? I'm near the 605 and 91 freeways and it's drizzling ashes.

I was planning on riding today, but I don't feel like getting all that ash on my bike.

I don't think I could live where I could only ride part of the year.

E

Old 01-16-2014 | 09:57 PM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by stal94gt
I am stationed in north Florida so no snow but chilly days during the winter. Florida has made me a fair weather rider but in a few months I move overseas for a year so I can't take my bike. It will be the first time I have parted from it since I bought it and I am gonna miss riding. I hope it does good in storage while I am gone
I made the ride from Laurel Hill to Eglin practically everyday for the four years I was stationed at Eglin.

I as well as others thought I was crazy for riding a bike in 45 degree weather but at 80 miles round trip, my wallet certainly didn't think so.

Now I live in Omaha and can't wait until we get a day in the upper 40s so I can take the Heritage out for an hour or so.

I've got another 15 years or so and then I'm retiring and moving back to NW Florida!!!!!

Quick Reply: Softail ride.