Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some clearification of Screamin Eagle please

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2014 | 12:49 AM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member

Greg, I have not read all the replies to your question or post so if I am being redundant I apologize in advance. Yes, you can put a 6 speed SE hydraulic clutch/tranny cover on your stock transmission, thay are the same as far as the fit and the bolt pattern goes.

If you were to look online at a Harley dealerships parts store you will see where you can do 2 things with regards to a SE 6 speed tranny. You can A, buy the complete SE 6 speed tranny, cases and all ready to go and swap it out with your stock 6 speed or you can B, pull everything out of the cases on your stock 6 speed tranny and put back in the complete SE 6 speed gear set, internals, whatever you want to call it. (A) will cost a person a little over 2K and (B) the complete tranny for a little over 3K.

Also, if you are going to go to the hyraulic cutch set up you have to pull that stock side cover off to swap it out with the hydraulic side cover. You can take that stock tranny cover off and take it with you to the dealership and match it up to a hydraulic tranny cover or to match it to a tranny covers gasket to make sure they match up, which I am 99.9999% sure it will. I also faxed you the info you asked for Greg but I don't know if it went through. I tried it twice and both times my print out said that your fax was busy. If you didn't get it shoot me a message and I will try it again.

If you do go to the hydraulic clucth set up you are going to be very happy with it. It is so smooth and precise. Keep us posted.

Last edited by tbonetony06; 01-10-2014 at 01:50 AM.
Old 01-10-2014 | 12:57 AM
gregeinsc
|
Road Captain

Thanks Tony and all for the info. I got what I was looking for. I can swap my cover for a SE hydro cover. My apologies for the misleading title.