Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

battery charger's

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 05:38 PM
clueless
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: battery charger's

ORIGINAL: purple haze
I know yall mean well but I ride now allmost everyday, so don't want the hassle, and also I have heard using them allthe time wear's battery out faster, but maybe use one if lived where it froze for 6 month's.
If you use a NON-smart charger sure I can see that happening. a smart charger will go to trickle charge mode which keeps the battery topped off. I would think that is better then a few days of no riding then riding and the bike charging it up at full amperage. plus evertime I start the bike I know I have full Cranking Amps for the start.

Just dont get the cheap charger from some place that has just the amperage settings. that may work well on a car but not for a smaller motorycycle battery.

Old 03-21-2007, 07:30 PM
RandyM1911
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: battery charger's

ORIGINAL: vertigo14

I just don't like having to use a 10mm wrench to take the terminals off the battery.. Why are they metric? at least on a 07 fatty

And its a darn tight fit in there..all them friggin wires, gota lift up on the side of the battery while I wrench it off or back on.

I didn't have any of my ratching wrenches in metric.. grrrr heh

Might put one of them quick connect harness on for keeping the battery in peek condition
Get the harness. I have the Jr. model from HD and plug it in after every ride. Like others here I live in the frozen north and want to be sure the bike starts when a warm day rolls around... Absolutely worth the investment.