Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cheapest place to order true duals for a 12 Deluxe?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 03:35 PM
07 chopper
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cheapest place to order true duals for a 12 Deluxe?

Happy New Year! I have been lurking in this forum for the past 7 years. I recently sold my Chopper and bought a 2012 Softail Deluxe. I would like to buy true dual pipes for the bike, but I'm debating between Samson and Vance and Hines. Which one would you install on a 2012 Deluxe and where is the cheapest place to buy? Thanks guys!!

Old 01-01-2014, 06:42 PM
Cembo
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 07 chopper
Happy New Year! I have been lurking in this forum for the past 7 years. I recently sold my Chopper and bought a 2012 Softail Deluxe. I would like to buy true dual pipes for the bike, but I'm debating between Samson and Vance and Hines. Which one would you install on a 2012 Deluxe and where is the cheapest place to buy? Thanks guys!!
Congrats on the new bike!

I would install Freedom Performance, but that's just MHO. If you are not planning to go excessively long (their longest is 36" and seems shorter than the Samson), I like the fact that it has a one-piece 2.5" heat shield (love that clean look) and also favor their sharktails over the Samson or V&H. But again, that's just my personal bias and there are way more Samson Cholos on here. The greatest benefit I've come to appreciate is the fact that the left pipe sits nice & snug over the primary (less risk to burn your leg), significant difference to many Samson's I've compared it to. Take a look at their website (and my avatar). Good luck, true duals/fishtails look awesome on the Deluxe!

Old 01-01-2014, 08:07 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Cheap

O7 pm me again I just sent you one explaining about the pipes

Old 01-01-2014, 09:35 PM
07 chopper
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Cembo
Congrats on the new bike!

I would install Freedom Performance, but that's just MHO. If you are not planning to go excessively long (their longest is 36" and seems shorter than the Samson), I like the fact that it has a one-piece 2.5" heat shield (love that clean look) and also favor their sharktails over the Samson or V&H. But again, that's just my personal bias and there are way more Samson Cholos on here. The greatest benefit I've come to appreciate is the fact that the left pipe sits nice & snug over the primary (less risk to burn your leg), significant difference to many Samson's I've compared it to. Take a look at their website (and my avatar). Good luck, true duals/fishtails look awesome on the Deluxe!
Wow, I was not aware of Freedom Performance. Where is the best place to buy them from? How is the sound compared to the other two? Thanks

Mike, I PMed you back!

Old 01-01-2014, 09:39 PM
Kawickrice
Elite HDF Member
Received 3,257 Likes on 1,519 Posts

For what its worth I was surfing the Dennis Kirk website the other day and the clearance store over there has some good deals from all manufactures mentioned above. Not sure if it is still valid now that its a new year but might be worth checking

https://www.denniskirk.com/1.outlet/...mid=60060&jb=0

Old 01-01-2014, 11:44 PM
07 chopper
Cruiser

Thanks, but I couldn't find the exhaust that would fit my 2012 Deluxe.

Old 01-02-2014, 03:46 AM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have V&H true duals on my 07. The sound in incredible but the heat is even more incredible. I can't tell you how many times I have wanted to rip these off and replace just because of the heat and now that I'm moving to Az shortly, I know that I may have to replace them asap.
Didn't know about the Freedom Performance but will be checking them out pronto. I actually wouldn't mind if they were a bit quieter than my V&H because I do a lot of long distance touring and the noise gets to me after a bit.

Old 01-02-2014, 10:55 AM
07 chopper
Cruiser

Thanks for all the responses. What other options do we have to keep the heat down with these kind of pipes? I just love the look of the true duals fishtails. I think that I narrow it down to Samson. I found them to cost less than the other brands. Now, my next dilemma is the length. Should I go 33, 36 or 39. Removable tips and baffles or not. I like noise, so I don't think that I will be using baffles. Also, do I have to add a free flowing air filter and a tune, or is just suggested? Thanks again.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:26 AM
BakoOil82
Advanced

You can get the head pipes ceramic coated that's what I'm gonna do when my Samson's come in. I went 42's with removable tips and baffles just in case it's too loud or I can go back and forth or replace tips if they messed up from being drug off. I've got an Ness big sucker intake and V&H Fuelpak already on it and that made a difference.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:34 AM
Scrmnvtwins
Stellar HDF Member
Received 149 Likes on 107 Posts

Eastern Performance was the cheapest for the V&H True Dusls and Monster Ovals on my '03 and the V&H Power Duals and Monster Rounds on my '13 Check around and see for yorself though. http://www.easternperformance.com/

Quick Reply: Cheapest place to order true duals for a 12 Deluxe?