Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Breakout exhaust suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 03:58 PM
outgood
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

When I bought the FXSB, I wanted black but my dealer was out so bought Big Blue Pearl. I just put new black tins on bike and want to go with black & chrome.

I had V & H big radius, then tried Freedom Performance 2:1 (did not like at all), then these. The Sweepers run good, somewhat on the loud side I guess because of the short baffles. Basically going with chrome and like the way he f 'bomb looks. I'm aware of the substrate f' bomb muffler but don't see it as a problem. Not really a 2:1 fan but like the way it looks. Unfortunately there are next to no reviews of the f' bomb, and no dynos or reliable results. I'm sure with my Power Vision 2 tuner, 254e cams, hi flo air, I'll be able to get better than stock exhaust results from it. I liked the Sweepers better than big radius. Ran better.

Last edited by outgood; 09-17-2015 at 04:03 PM.
Old 09-17-2015, 04:59 PM
psdj52
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Well I hope things work out for you.

Old 09-18-2015, 09:28 PM
raceme
Novice
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

I put v&h big shots staggered on my 2013 breakout cvo,they sound good and gave a increase in power,along with a power vision 2 tuner and preloaded tune from fuel moto.v&h said they wouldn't fit but they did.

Old 09-19-2015, 06:45 PM
HenryT
Road Master
Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts

Decided on the Two Brothers Racing Comp-S. I really like the sound these things put out. Before trying them I was thinking slip ons would probably not have the volume I wanted. Was really surprised how good they sound....not wanting a full set now, plenty loud enough for me. Sporty look keeps the stock staggered exhaust, went black staying with the original color scheme.

I just dropped in a stock replacement KN filter and a Power Vision 2. Tuned up nice. Worked a small decel pop issue out with some fine tuning and am super happy with out come. Bike sounds like it should now....at least for now LOL.

I don't see many people running these....they are really pricey also, especially in the Ceramic Black. I dig the carbon Fiber tips with the stainless inserts.

Last edited by HenryT; 09-19-2015 at 07:01 PM.
Old 09-25-2015, 06:59 PM
outgood
Tourer
Default Super Radius

I was ordering F'-bomb 2:1 but Powersports Superstore didn't bother to tell me that item is no longer available to them until after I called them to check on the order days later so I got a refund. Evidently they have a history of this after looking at online reviews.

Everything happens for a reason. I bought Vance & Hines Super Radius new for $599. due to 2 very small scratches that are barely noticeable on one of the heat shields.

They say these are 2:2 pipes but in reality they are 2:1:2 as there is a "power chamber" like my Vance & Hines Street Glide Power Duals. I figured

these would have a deeper sound (and they do) but thought they'd be on the quieter side. The baffles are only about 6" long. After installing and firing it up I couldn't be happier. They have deep growl I've never heard from any other exhaust (and I've been through a few). To my surprise they're not too quiet. I had Big Radius and these just aren't as raspy. They have more of a rumble.

Waiting for the rain to let up some so I can run an auto tune on them. These should deliver more power than Big Radius with the power chamber ( 2:1).
I loaded a pic of the rear so you can see the hidden power chamber.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:54 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

That must be a handful to install by yourself. Don't forget to put up a video once you get them tuned !!

Originally Posted by OWOF

I was ordering F'-bomb 2:1 but Powersports Superstore didn't bother to tell me that item is no longer available to them until after I called them to check on the order days later so I got a refund. Evidently they have a history of this after looking at online reviews.

Everything happens for a reason. I bought Vance & Hines Super Radius new for $599. due to 2 very small scratches that are barely noticeable on one of the heat shields.

They say these are 2:2 pipes but in reality they are 2:1:2 as there is a "power chamber" like my Vance & Hines Street Glide Power Duals. I figured

these would have a deeper sound (and they do) but thought they'd be on the quieter side. The baffles are only about 6" long. After installing and firing it up I couldn't be happier. They have deep growl I've never heard from any other exhaust (and I've been through a few). To my surprise they're not too quiet. I had Big Radius and these just aren't as raspy. They have more of a rumble.

Waiting for the rain to let up some so I can run an auto tune on them. These should deliver more power than Big Radius with the power chamber ( 2:1).

Old 09-25-2015, 10:03 PM
psdj52
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

OWOF,

I am interested in these pipes as well. Of course V&H says they will not fit Breakout. Was wondering if you had to modify mount at all? Also did you just keep the stock O2 sensors or go with wide band sensors. Any information and like Alain said even a video would help.

Originally Posted by OWOF
[IMG]https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hdforums.com-vbulletin/2000x1130/80-20150925_175845_5c3b1ef604b13886f93a27459d5975b78a 10c141.jpg[/IMG

Old 09-28-2015, 08:32 AM
outgood
Tourer

Using OEM 02 sensors now. They bolted right up except had to force frame bracket down about 1/8" to get bolts in. Normally I'd bolt the frame bracket in first and leave bolts loose, but too difficult to get pipes bolted to back of frame bracket. I wanted to make sure the pipes were seated good in the exhaust gaskets/manifold (loosely), then deal with the rest. I'm not sure if the frame bracket was off just an 1/8" on the breakout or all softails but it's not that much. If I did it again I would re-drill hole slightly larger or ream top of hole on frame bracket some with a rat tail.

I did not see any evidence in the instructions or on the pipes related to the mysterious adjustable sound.

They do fit Breakout and I ran 2 auto-tunes on them and there's a noticeable power increase from the Big Radius and Bassani I had on previously. I'm sure it's from the fact the Supers are basically 2:1. I'll try to get a vid up this week. Getting my FLHX ready for Texas trip.

Last edited by outgood; 09-29-2015 at 05:18 PM.
Old 10-02-2015, 06:11 AM
ze Night Train
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Guys

I have a question ,does Vance e Hines Super Radius fit a 2016 Breakout?
Anyone out there with this pipes ?Feedback on this bad *** pipes!!!

Thx

Old 10-02-2015, 07:27 AM
MarkFXSTC
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ze Night Train
Hello Guys

I have a question ,does Vance e Hines Super Radius fit a 2016 Breakout?
Anyone out there with this pipes ?Feedback on this bad *** pipes!!!

Thx
They should do. I had short shots on my BO before fitting Big Radius. V & H don't actually do SS for a BO but somehow they ended up on there. Have to say they didn't site parallel I'd check with V & A first though.

Quick Reply: Breakout exhaust suggestions?