Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Breakout exhaust suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 07:44 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 706 Likes on 383 Posts
Old 02-19-2015, 08:11 AM
jtaliani
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 24v
I'm really hoping it is an error, but for some reason it is listed as compatible with the Breakout, but not the CVO. I sent an email to confirm. I wonder if the F-Bomb version would still perform well with its short length, particularly in low end torque. If so, I'm definitely getting that pipe as it is exactly what I'm looking for and has the same things that drew me to the Patriot Defender. I can't thank you enough for the lead as Revzilla wasn't bringing it up for me due to the aforementioned compatibility issue.

Last edited by jtaliani; 02-19-2015 at 08:45 AM.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:18 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm diggin this F-bomb set up. Might have to look into that for the rocker.

If it fits the breakout I assume it should fit the rocker.

Last edited by Alain; 02-19-2015 at 10:26 AM.
Old 02-19-2015, 04:32 PM
jtaliani
Cruiser

I talked to Revzilla, Arlen Ness (the company not him personally), and MagnaFlow. Revzilla was unsure and checking into it as including the Breakout may have been an oversight and didn't appear on their spec sheet. Arlen Ness said they were unaware of any fitment issues and they should work on all, including the Breakout and Rocker. Wanting confirmation, I called MagnaFlow and spoke with the gentleman heading the project. He informed me that the Ness-Comp (longer one) is listed as not being compatible with the Breakout. The F-Bomb does not have any known issues with the Breakout, but is presently listed as incompatible with the Rocker. He did say that he wasn't sure if this had been finally tested to confirm or if it was just certain years.

Sounds like it's a little bit of a gamble, but I'm ordering an F-Bomb. Hopefully all goes smoothly as it should be an awesome pipe.

Old 02-19-2015, 05:18 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Thanks for mentioning what they said to you about the Fbomb fitting the rocker.

If they are saying the Fbomb fits the breakout then it has to fit the rocker. The mounting points for both bikes are in the same exact spots and the swing arms are the same width.

I'm pretty sure the oil lines on both bikes are in approximately the same spot. I don't think oil lines would come into play when mounting this type of exhaust anyway.

If anyone hears anything about these fitting the rocker let me/us know.

There are a bunch of rocker guys around here that I'm sure would love to rock these.

Old 02-19-2015, 06:15 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 706 Likes on 383 Posts

The only difference between Breakout and Rocker fitment is the O2 sensors. Rocker is 18mm Breakout is 12mm. The F Bomb should work on both bikes. I suspect the longer pipes will as well, just that they have not tried it yet.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:16 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by 24v
The only difference between Breakout and Rocker fitment is the O2 sensors. Rocker is 18mm Breakout is 12mm. The F Bomb should work on both bikes. I suspect the longer pipes will as well, just that they have not tried it yet.
Oh wise one! You bring me such joy with your statement !!
Lolol.

Thank you sir.

Old 02-25-2015, 06:58 AM
jtaliani
Cruiser

Revzilla dropped an F-Bomb....in the mail to me While it should be here tomorrow, it will likely be a little while before I get it installed. I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks again 24v!

Old 03-27-2015, 06:10 AM
valhalla-77
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello!

Im new on Breakouts! =)

I love this rsd tracker pipe. How they did the passenger pegs to fit with the pipe?

Originally Posted by 504ENGINEER
Here's one JD posted earlier on instagram.

Old 03-27-2015, 06:46 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Those are Performance Machine mid controls for softails.

You need to get an open primary on the other side for their left side mid controls to work.

Oops. I just realized you were asking about the passenger pegs and not the mid controls. HD sells a kit with a small bracket that allows you to move the passenger peg up or down about an inch.

Hard to see in that pic if they used it or not.

Last edited by Alain; 03-27-2015 at 06:51 AM. Reason: OOOPS

Quick Reply: Breakout exhaust suggestions?