Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to Your Softail Today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2020, 10:13 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,858 Likes on 807 Posts

Originally Posted by ThePaintPirate
Just testing out a Badlander seat while we hit 60 degrees today.

How did you like it? The first mod I did to Reaper after bringing her home in 2005, was to ditch the badlander torture device. That thing would wreck my back and *** after about an hour!!

Cheers!

The following users liked this post:
BikerPepe` (12-23-2020)
Old 12-24-2020, 07:04 AM
Joseph Jerry Hache
Cruiser
Received 51 Likes on 27 Posts

Well wasn't quite finished. Found out about "American Custom Exhaust" and decided to go for it. Received them a couple days ago and am extremely happy. What they do, is take you Stock exhaust, and completely modify the guts. I actually sent them a fresh set of mufflers I bought on eBay, but you can send them yours if you don't mind waiting. Comes with their built in custom baffle which sound Awesome, and have full High flow. If these are too loud, you can purchase a quieter High flow baffle which I did. Now I have a completely stock exhaust system but very high flow and awesome sound. Check them out. Their price is incredibly reasonable, and you'll love the results. Turns your bike into a true sleeper lol. When I received my mufflers, I compared them. You can't see thru the OEM baffled mufflers, but after the mod, you look thru like there's nothing in it. No restrictions at all.
Very happy customer

Last edited by Joseph Jerry Hache; 12-24-2020 at 07:07 AM.
wjb111 (12-24-2020)
Old 12-24-2020, 08:38 PM
wjb111
Advanced
Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts

JJH,
have to ask. What backrest do you have on your beautiful bike?

Old 12-24-2020, 09:15 PM
Joseph Jerry Hache
Cruiser
Default Backrest

Originally Posted by wjb111
JJH,
have to ask. What backrest do you have on your beautiful bike?
I got the back rest from Grasshoper. Great company to work with. If your a big guy like me (6'2" 225lbs) make sure to them you want the heavy duty mount. The first one I got bent when I leaned back. I called them and explained what happened, and they sent me a replacement that was twice the thickness of metal. Also when and if you order, you can ask them to modify it anyway you want. For instance, I didn't want mine as thick as the ones they show on their web site, so I asked them if they could take some padding off so I was not pushy forward as much. No problem. they said they do that all the time. Great company, and fair price. you won't be disappointed.
Joseph

Last edited by Joseph Jerry Hache; 12-24-2020 at 09:17 PM. Reason: added picture
Old 12-24-2020, 10:27 PM
Capt_Salty
Tourer
Received 173 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Joseph Jerry Hache
I got the back rest from Grasshoper. Great company to work with. If your a big guy like me (6'2" 225lbs) make sure to them you want the heavy duty mount. The first one I got bent when I leaned back. I called them and explained what happened, and they sent me a replacement that was twice the thickness of metal. Also when and if you order, you can ask them to modify it anyway you want. For instance, I didn't want mine as thick as the ones they show on their web site, so I asked them if they could take some padding off so I was not pushy forward as much. No problem. they said they do that all the time. Great company, and fair price. you won't be disappointed.
Joseph
That looks great and very reasonably priced. I just might have to get one for long, solo rides. When riding 2-up, I'd rather enjoy the "living" backrest/cushion...

Old 12-25-2020, 08:24 AM
rtbuck89
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 138 Posts

Joseph

How does that backrest actually attach to the bike?

Old 12-25-2020, 08:46 AM
oldtoad
Tourer

Received 239 Likes on 123 Posts

How does that backrest actually attach to the bike?

http://www.grasshopperlimited.com/ha...atboy-2007-17/

Old 12-25-2020, 08:53 AM
Joseph Jerry Hache
Cruiser

the base mount is attached to the two seat bolts. The backrest slips into it. Very easy to remove and reinstall the backrest, and you can't see the mount when it's removed, unless the passenger seat is removed.

Old 12-25-2020, 09:16 AM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 82 Posts

Joseph
Wow, nice product, good price too!

Old 12-25-2020, 09:27 AM
carl418
Advanced
Received 47 Likes on 21 Posts

I love that backrest and it's exactly what I've been looking for. I just ordered one.

Joseph Jerry Hache (12-25-2020)

Quick Reply: What did you do to Your Softail Today?