Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to Your Softail Today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2020 | 03:02 PM
samsquanch
Tourer

Got the bracket i was missing for my white brothers pipe! Had a coooold ride today!

I found some literature about diffuser plates and quickly came to the thought that i MAY not have enough discs. I made a thread in the want to buy section to search for extra plates but so far have not had a reply. So to make up for the discs i dont have, i got clever and increased the spacing with washers. Not perfect but its a place to start from. Weather tommorow should be nicer so i can play around a little. Maybe i wont need washers at all and can get away with just 12 discs.

Current set up definitely produced more torque then what I had with the v&h big shots.

Next spring hopefully I can have the bike properly tuned on a dyno for some real results.

The following 2 users liked this post by samsquanch:
GarageJockey (11-30-2020), sire86 (11-28-2020)
Old 11-28-2020 | 03:47 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member

^^^ Nice looking bike! You might look into installing a thumbscrew to prevent reversion...here is a good video on the topic with Dyno sheets.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...confirmed.html

Old 11-28-2020 | 04:01 PM
samsquanch
Tourer

Originally Posted by Joe_G
^^^ Nice looking bike! You might look into installing a thumbscrew to prevent reversion...here is a good video on the topic with Dyno sheets.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...confirmed.html
Thank you and thank you! That's excellent information! I'm pretty sure the closed end cap and diffuser discs are doing exactly what the lollipop does and this is the reason behind the pipes design but this could be something else for me to play with as well.

Again, excellent info that I am sure many people could benefit from! That's why I love this forum.

Old 11-29-2020 | 03:05 PM
Dynalmadman
Cruiser

Got her a new center stand.

Old 11-29-2020 | 04:02 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by samsquanch
Thank you and thank you! That's excellent information! I'm pretty sure the closed end cap and diffuser discs are doing exactly what the lollipop does and this is the reason behind the pipes design but this could be something else for me to play with as well.

Again, excellent info that I am sure many people could benefit from! That's why I love this forum.
Thanks! I really miss forums, Facebook has taken over I’m afraid and you can’t find any good info there. Forums are great for sharing info that can be found later.

For sure your discs are taking care of reversion... but for those that run no baffles, I can tell you for sure, you’ll feel the effect of a thumbscrew. It’s crazy to think it works that way but it absolutely does. If someone doesn’t believe me I’ll refund the $1.18 they spent! 😂

The following users liked this post:
samsquanch (11-29-2020)
Old 11-30-2020 | 06:24 AM
Softailwayno
6th Gear

Just bought mine a nice cover today keep her warm and clean

Old 11-30-2020 | 07:40 AM
samsquanch
Tourer

Originally Posted by Joe_G
Thanks! I really miss forums, Facebook has taken over I’m afraid and you can’t find any good info there. Forums are great for sharing info that can be found later.

For sure your discs are taking care of reversion... but for those that run no baffles, I can tell you for sure, you’ll feel the effect of a thumbscrew. It’s crazy to think it works that way but it absolutely does. If someone doesn’t believe me I’ll refund the $1.18 they spent! 😂
Those old school tried and true methods cant be denied. Hence the tattoo inside my arm that reads "a man with experience is never at the mercy of anyone with a theory"

Old 11-30-2020 | 01:00 PM
Dynalmadman
Cruiser

FOBO Bike2. Pretty cool idea. 60 days to decide if I like it.

The following 2 users liked this post by Dynalmadman:
'03fattyNC (12-18-2020), ThunderTruck (11-30-2020)
Old 11-30-2020 | 02:55 PM
Morish
Road Captain

I have them on my 2019 Heritage 114, great product. Excellent way of checking air pressure before your ride.
Love the fact that if you start loosing air, you will be notified through Bluetooth speakers or Phone is a great safety factor.
I highly recommend this product.

Old 12-01-2020 | 05:04 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by samsquanch
Those old school tried and true methods cant be denied. Hence the tattoo inside my arm that reads "a man with experience is never at the mercy of anyone with a theory"
Love that line! Never heard it before but will use it.

Originally Posted by Dynalmadman
FOBO Bike2. Pretty cool idea. 60 days to decide if I like it.

Never heard of this before either but I'm interested to buy...

See how good these Forums are!

The following 3 users liked this post by Joe_G:
Dynalmadman (12-01-2020), Morish (12-01-2020), Wilbe0580 (12-02-2020)

Quick Reply: What did you do to Your Softail Today?