Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to Your Softail Today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2020, 08:33 PM
flyguy33
Novice
Received 16 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sinthroid
Nice ride Flyguy33. Who's wheels are those? 52 spoke?

Thanks Sinthroid, they are 21 inch front and 18 inch rear Ultima King Spoke wheels, I believe they are 48 spokes.

Old 08-25-2020, 08:40 PM
flyguy33
Novice
Received 16 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Capt_Salty
Looks great!!! But I'm glad I don't have to keep them clean...
Thanks Capt_Salty, not going to be fun keeping them looking that way!

Old 08-25-2020, 09:08 PM
Tall Timber
Road Warrior
Received 425 Likes on 259 Posts

I got my quickshifter installed (Needed a shorter shaft for the linkage) It was a much easier install on a softail than on my Dynas.

Also got my floorboards (Ness fusion) and also installed my extended Gear and Brake arms (HD). Just waiting on a brake pedal cover.

A big improvement on the tribal boards that were there previously.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to Your Softail Today?-20200821_152353.jpg  
Old 08-25-2020, 09:51 PM
Capt_Salty
Tourer
Received 173 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by flyguy33
Thanks Sinthroid, they are 21 inch front and 18 inch rear Ultima King Spoke wheels, I believe they are 48 spokes.
From my count, the front is 52 spokes.

Old 08-26-2020, 12:01 PM
Dynalmadman
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Bought the fatboy a couple months ago. Only one fob. Went to stealer, new fob $50. Programmed fine using googled instructions. Now I start looking for a locksmith that can copy the barrel key.

Not the most glamorous purchase, but one that will save me the day I put one fob thru the washer.

Michael

Old 08-26-2020, 12:21 PM
Capt_Salty
Tourer

Learn what your pass code is and/or reset it to something you will never forget. Seems like every model/year have different steps to fetch the current code and reset it. Google for an owners manual to find out the steps for your bike.

Old 08-26-2020, 03:05 PM
Prof Rene
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,637 Likes on 1,254 Posts

Originally Posted by Tall Timber
I got my quickshifter installed (Needed a shorter shaft for the linkage) It was a much easier install on a softail than on my Dynas.

Also got my floorboards (Ness fusion) and also installed my extended Gear and Brake arms (HD). Just waiting on a brake pedal cover.

A big improvement on the tribal boards that were there previously.
Quickshifter? I know what they are, but where did you get that and does it remove some of the play or shorten the "throw"?

Old 08-26-2020, 03:25 PM
Capt_Salty
Tourer

Originally Posted by Prof Rene
Quickshifter? I know what they are, but where did you get that and does it remove some of the play or shorten the "throw"?
From the pic, it doesn't look like a full-blown quick shifter. it looks like a slightly longer arm on the linkage directly connected to the heel/toe levers so they (heel/toe levers) don't have to move as far to change gears. From other research, a true quick shift set-up requires sensors that momentarily stop power during the shift; primarily used in racing.

Old 08-26-2020, 04:00 PM
Tall Timber
Road Warrior
Received 425 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by Prof Rene
the kit is an off the shelf item from healtech with a custom wiring loom and shifter capsule (that holds the sensor) made by a guy here in Australia.

i have the kit on both my bikes and the combination of more adjustment and heim joints makes for less play.

Here is a thread I started when I installed the kit on my Dyna https://www.hdforums.com/forum/www.h....php?t=1293649

The components are identical between Softail and Dyna with the exception of the shifter shaft. I needed a shorter one (which Mike who sells these kits machines up for me).

See below - stock Deluxe on top, Dyna for qse in the middle and deluxe for qse on the bottom.

Old 08-26-2020, 04:06 PM
tmac00333
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,869 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynalmadman
Bought the fatboy a couple months ago. Only one fob. Went to stealer, new fob $50. Programmed fine using googled instructions. Now I start looking for a locksmith that can copy the barrel key.

Not the most glamorous purchase, but one that will save me the day I put one fob thru the washer.

Michael
Yeah I remember back in the days when you bought a new bike, they'd shower you with gifts. My last new bike, they gave me a handshake and a hey-how-do-you-do.

I had to buy my extra fob too. They acted like I had asked for the moon, I had to jump through hoops just to get the damn MANUAL!

Quick Reply: What did you do to Your Softail Today?