Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to Your Softail Today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 06:40 AM
Yzzyx
Cruiser
Received 75 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Felix 808
Care to share how?
It would take forever to type how to do it. I'd do a video if I had someone to hold a camera.

Some quick tips in no particular order:

Remove the oil dipstick and put a clean rag in the oil filler hole.
Remove the positive lead from above with a long insulated #3 screwdriver. (After the plastic tray is off.)
The rear ABS wiring is tight so just push off the bottom loop carefully then the rest.
The two big wire bundles can be released from the plastic clip and moved towards the front of the bike.
The tray has 3 "fasteners" to deal with. The metal one is obvious. The other two can be seen with a flashlight. Once you have them undone the tray comes out pretty easily.
There is a fabric removal strap under the battery.
The negative lead has to be removed before the battery will move any. Take it off from above like the positive lead.

In a nutshell, take your time and have a relaxed attitude.

If you have a specific question I can try to help.

The following users liked this post:
Felix 808 (10-29-2018)
Old 10-29-2018, 12:58 PM
HD_fan
Road Warrior
Received 599 Likes on 361 Posts

Mustang sport solo seat with backrest

Last edited by HD_fan; 10-29-2018 at 01:04 PM.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:08 PM
Vrizzo
Advanced
Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts

Chromed out all covers, shaped out the grips, added LED lights all around and swapped the intake

Last edited by Vrizzo; 10-29-2018 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Pics didn’t take
Old 10-29-2018, 04:18 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,193 Likes on 2,440 Posts
Default Testers Wanted

We wish we had 4 more M8 Softails & unlimited time to put thousands of miles on each of them testing, but unfortunately we don’t.

So, we need your help.

We're currently testing an axle mounted license plate relocation kit for the Milwaukee 8 Softail Models. What we need is for a few Bikers to put some miles on these and provide a bit of feedback both positive and negative.

Not only will you be helping us as well as future customers; you also get the Relo Kit, with an LED Light bolt and a DK Custom T-Shirt.

We currently have two variations of the kit. One is slotted for an easier install, no need to remove the axle completely. The other is the traditional method utilizing a single 1” mounting hole that the axle passes thru.

Both brackets are CNC cut to match the newly designed Softail swingarm.

Please do not PM about this, please use the email below to let us know if you can put a couple of thousand miles on your M8 in the next month or so, letting us know your experience, along with some photos.

Last edited by DK Custom; 10-29-2018 at 04:19 PM.
Old 11-01-2018, 02:17 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,193 Likes on 2,440 Posts

We still would like two more testers for Traditional Mount Plate Relo's on M8 Softails. If interested, shoot us an email or give a call.

Originally Posted by DK Custom
We wish we had 4 more M8 Softails & unlimited time to put thousands of miles on each of them testing, but unfortunately we don’t.

So, we need your help.

We're currently testing an axle mounted license plate relocation kit for the Milwaukee 8 Softail Models. What we need is for a few Bikers to put some miles on these and provide a bit of feedback both positive and negative.

Not only will you be helping us as well as future customers; you also get the Relo Kit, with an LED Light bolt and a DK Custom T-Shirt.

We currently have two variations of the kit. One is slotted for an easier install, no need to remove the axle completely. The other is the traditional method utilizing a single 1” mounting hole that the axle passes thru.

Both brackets are CNC cut to match the newly designed Softail swingarm.

Please do not PM about this, please use the email below to let us know if you can put a couple of thousand miles on your M8 in the next month or so, letting us know your experience, along with some photos.

Old 11-01-2018, 04:28 PM
Big Mule
Road Master
Received 785 Likes on 387 Posts

Originally Posted by HD_fan
HD Fan, how are you liking your new seat? Your bike looks great.

Old 11-01-2018, 05:39 PM
HD_fan
Road Warrior

Big Mule - This is possibly the best seat I've ever tried and like many here, I have spent a lot of money with more than a few aftermarket seats. One HUGE issue I've had with my bike having 16" apes is that on a real windy days on the highway as I am being push back from that wind I have to hold on and pull up of the bars, now I just lean on the backrest and not change the way I hold on to the bars. Also, being 15" wide it is a very comfortable seat. Well worth the $$.

Thanks for the compliment on my bike!

Old 11-01-2018, 09:47 PM
wrightnow
Advanced
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by HD_fan
How do you like the mustang seat compared to the stock seat? I'm looking to get a seat with a removable back rest but don't want something too wide.

Thanks

Last edited by wrightnow; 11-01-2018 at 09:49 PM. Reason: didn't see someone else already asked the same question
Old 11-01-2018, 10:23 PM
HD_fan
Road Warrior

I never had the stock sprung seat but I have a friend who still has his stock seat on his Xbones. Absolutely no comparison as far as comfort. This sport solo seat with backrest is an all day saddle for me. I had a Mustang wide solo and that was 17" wide, very comfortable but def not the best looking as far as the lines of the bike goes.

Here is another pick that shows the width of this sport solo.

Last edited by HD_fan; 11-01-2018 at 10:29 PM.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:28 PM
blackmill
Sponsor
Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

installed a Blackmill M8 Street Bob licence plate relocation kit.
http://www.blackmillperformance.com/...arley-davidson

The following users liked this post:
soldierbot (11-02-2018)

Quick Reply: What did you do to Your Softail Today?