Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to Your Softail Today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 11:17 AM
Triple M
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I bought a 2018 Heritage Anniversary and placed Fangs on it from
https://jescustomaccents.com/2018-P-...FatBoy_c50.htm
Also put a crotch cooler on from
http://www.capt-itch.com

Old 07-10-2018, 01:01 PM
lonesum
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 325 Likes on 217 Posts

Sunday I took the back rodes thru NWMississippi and met up with a bunch of friends for a catfish dinner in Sardas Ms.

Old 07-10-2018, 04:36 PM
WhiteNoise
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Pulled the wheels off my bike yesterday and this morning. Getting ready for the new wheels once they arrive.

Old 07-10-2018, 11:30 PM
Notthouse
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default FP3 Tuner

I actually did this a couple weeks ago. I installed the Vance and Hines FP3 tuner to my 2008 Heritage Classic. I felt it was not running to its potential and the spark plugs suggested the bike was running about as lean as possible. It took all of 20 minutes to pull my seat, find the plug, download updates, upload my stock tune and download the recommended tune. My bike has V&H longs and an S&S teardrop air cleaner. I am completely satisfied with the recommended tune so I doubt I will even run an autotune session. But, it is nice to know I can. The bike pulls much more freely at both lower and upper rpms. 6th gear has much more value now at 60 or 65mph. Anyhow, right away I was notified of two error codes stating that the front and rear cylinders were lean. I cleared the codes with the tuner and they have not returned. I am super impressed with how easy this was to install as well as all the other useful features. I used my IPAD. Lastly, I can also report that the bike runs 10-15 degrees cooler. I will report later on fuel mileage after I return to my normal riding style. 👍

Last edited by Notthouse; 07-10-2018 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Add images
The following users liked this post:
SPR (07-10-2018)
Old 07-11-2018, 02:54 PM
iHodor
Road Warrior
Received 442 Likes on 321 Posts

Mounted garage door opener inside the right side of my headlight nacelle.
Since I last posted in this thread, installed mustache bars and an Explorer seat, removed the passenger pegs, and added some 3m reflective blue tape in strategic spots. The tape shines bright white when lit.

Old 07-12-2018, 01:16 PM
ChromeJunkie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,184 Likes on 1,825 Posts

I installed the mid frame heat deflector on our 2014 Deluxe. Hopefully that will keep some of the heat off of hell legs, but I still have my doubts.

Old 07-13-2018, 01:59 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,193 Likes on 2,440 Posts

Originally Posted by ChromeJunkie
I installed the mid frame heat deflector on our 2014 Deluxe. Hopefully that will keep some of the heat off of hell legs, but I still have my doubts.
Rather than reflect the heat back onto the engine, which just makes it run hotter, better to actually reduce the engine temp. That way it will be more comfortable for you and also will produce more power and will last longer.

Report on heat, and how to reduce it, HERE.

Old 07-13-2018, 04:29 PM
ChromeJunkie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,184 Likes on 1,825 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Rather than reflect the heat back onto the engine, which just makes it run hotter, better to actually reduce the engine temp. That way it will be more comfortable for you and also will produce more power and will last longer.

Report on heat, and how to reduce it, HERE.
I know, I want to put a FP3 or some other fuel management on it, but this is the wife’s bike that she bought back in March and she is afraid that if I put a tuner on it, it will void her extended warranty. I’m probably going to put a Harley tuner on it but would rather put a PCV or FP3 on it.

Old 07-13-2018, 09:31 PM
Khloesdad
Tourer
Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts

I'm looking for a flush mount gas cap. I really like this one but not sure if its offered here. Looks like a UK website.

http://www.harleyheaven.com.au/harle...ut-deluxe.html

Old 07-13-2018, 11:48 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,193 Likes on 2,440 Posts

Originally Posted by ChromeJunkie

I know, I want to put a FP3 or some other fuel management on it, but this is the wife’s bike that she bought back in March and she is afraid that if I put a tuner on it, it will void her extended warranty. I’m probably going to put a Harley tuner on it but would rather put a PCV or FP3 on it.

There are quite a few things you can do that are less expensive and won't chance voiding the warranty than a tuner...that will cool the engine down More than a tuner.

You can see a list of them at the following link-

http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/slee...mance-mods.htm

Quick Reply: What did you do to Your Softail Today?