Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to Your Softail Today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 04:57 PM
bigjosh42
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tbonetony06
I FINALLY got it dug out of the garage and down to the shop. I am thinking I should have it back in 4 to 6 weeks and I can't wait! I will finally know 1st hand what it is like to have my heads professionally done and what it feels like, the difference between stock heads and pro work done on the heads. The only thing I am wondering about is that these are SE heads and not stock heads so I am curious to see if there is a difference at all. Before anyone jumps on me I did not take them off just to have head work done on them. I took the top end off to have the show cut put on the top end fins. I have always told people that to take the top end off, for any reason, and to not do head work seems ???? like not a good idea. I think head work is one of the most awesome and productive mods one can do. If they are done then anything you do to the motor after that will be just that much better. It will then go into the Dyno guy and I will see the results 1st hand. As for the show cut on the fins? I have never seen them on a bike. I have seen them done on a show room floor but never on a bike and in person. I'm anxious to see how that turns out too. Anyone have it done? Like? Don't like?

My buddy had a deuce with the diamond cut fins. He also probably had $10k in chrome on the thing as well, and then got rear ended by a newbie on a bagger doing 60 mph and totaled it. ANYWAY... The fins looked real nice, especially with all the other chrome he had. Chrome isn't my style, but it was really sharp looking. I think it will look great on you bike.

Old 03-18-2014, 05:09 PM
BillyBreakout
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today I started the long arduous process of chroming out the bolts and putting hot toppers on my bike... not far from now I'll be adding new exhaust, air breather, tail light, side mounted license plate and so on on the bike.

Old 03-18-2014, 05:12 PM
italianprincess70
Road Captain

Other than ride her 125 miles, my old man installed a wireless RF remote for my ipod and hid the main control for my boom audio windshield speaker. Works like a champ!!

Old 03-18-2014, 05:54 PM
flibuoy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

A hijack of sorts....goes back about 3 weeks on my '05 Deuce

New Michelin Commanders, replacing tired Metzler 880s . Loved them, love new ones more

Oil change all 3 holes, finally after doing it the hard way for 10-12 years I bought a proper filter wrench

Replaced the chrome plated plastic rims on signals, how does it turn green?

Fixed sticky throttle by removing sliver of plastic that was binding

Put a like new Outlaw springless kickstand on finally as stocker stood it up too straight since it is lowered with Progressives front/rear...and it was ratty

Obligatory chrome shine, wax job

Replaced stock bulb with PIAA Ultra something (terrific easy upgrade, not blue ricer) wish I had spent that $41 a long time ago, can't say enough good

Put like new V&H Big Radius 2 into 1. Man that was huge in low-mid gains and no loss at the top. Upgraded to PCV as the PC III was fine but would not accept new map...they deeply discounted it. Used map off an '06 and fattened up zero and 2% to stop decel popping. Great....but dyno is in future just because I know there is cheap horsepower and perfect running there.

My finale was to sand/repaint seat tab after drilling out captive bolt that was toast...and capped it with that $16 Harly thumb screw that improves power and handling.

Last year I only put gas in it....

Old 03-18-2014, 06:15 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by flibuoy
A hijack of sorts....goes back about 3 weeks on my '05 Deuce

New Michelin Commanders, replacing tired Metzler 880s . Loved them, love new ones more

Oil change all 3 holes, finally after doing it the hard way for 10-12 years I bought a proper filter wrench

Replaced the chrome plated plastic rims on signals, how does it turn green?

Fixed sticky throttle by removing sliver of plastic that was binding

Put a like new Outlaw springless kickstand on finally as stocker stood it up too straight since it is lowered with Progressives front/rear...and it was ratty

Obligatory chrome shine, wax job

Replaced stock bulb with PIAA Ultra something (terrific easy upgrade, not blue ricer) wish I had spent that $41 a long time ago, can't say enough good

Put like new V&H Big Radius 2 into 1. Man that was huge in low-mid gains and no loss at the top. Upgraded to PCV as the PC III was fine but would not accept new map...they deeply discounted it. Used map off an '06 and fattened up zero and 2% to stop decel popping. Great....but dyno is in future just because I know there is cheap horsepower and perfect running there.

My finale was to sand/repaint seat tab after drilling out captive bolt that was toast...and capped it with that $16 Harly thumb screw that improves power and handling.

Last year I only put gas in it....
Man id love to have a year I only had to put gas in her!

Old 03-18-2014, 06:53 PM
E8USMCRET
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 20,256 Likes on 6,547 Posts

I had a spearfish pulley installed at the Renegade tent at Destination Daytona.

Flame tank and front fender soon to follow.

Old 03-18-2014, 07:05 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

Haven't seen her for 2 days now... hope she's still out there...... all covered up and in a toasty 65* garage...

Dare I peek into the garage to see what's she's doing...????

Old 03-19-2014, 10:02 PM
patharley
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just finish my Shotgun installation on my Fatboy !

Next step.. custom sound systems...

Old 03-19-2014, 10:08 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

I put a tank of fuel through her today.

Name:  IMG_20140319_162700_238.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  116.9 KB

Old 03-20-2014, 07:58 AM
mls02
Advanced

Originally Posted by BillyBreakout
Today I started the long arduous process of chroming out the bolts and putting hot toppers on my bike... not far from now I'll be adding new exhaust, air breather, tail light, side mounted license plate and so on on the bike.
Can you put a pic up or send me one on what your hot toppers look like installed? Thanks

Quick Reply: What did you do to Your Softail Today?