Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to Your Softail Today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 11:08 AM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by ILMFBL
So Dog, what kinda mileage do you get on your rear tire? I'm pretty sure with your mods I'd be burning through one every 2000 or so. I'm having a hard enough time right now with just a basic stage one with FP3. Even thinking of going to the dark side. If your bike runs as good as it looks, I'd be buying stock in tire companies!
not sure on that yet- have only had the tire on for maybe 1k miles. no sign of wear yet. seems to be a pretty good tire. since i just did the cams and TB, I really won't know for some miles down the road. personally I'd prefer to tun stickier tires and replace them more often. the price of the pirelli's are not bank breakers either. that wide back tire can get pretty skippy on hard braking with a hard high-mileage rubber compound.

Originally Posted by gmcdeadhead
made a homemade moonshine still horn cover

that's awesome. well done. taking orders? lol

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 07-12-2016 at 08:26 AM.
Old 05-01-2016, 11:48 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

And you're not even from Tennessee. But that dont matter these days. We're all transplants LOL
Love the tank emblem

Old 05-02-2016, 04:49 AM
G Dub
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by splattttttt
Speaking of tires. Though I do intend to in raise wheel hight at some point, gonna need to find me a suitable upgrade on the rubbers fir the time bein.
I ride in the wet if that's what mother nature dictates for that day and tend to be fairly aggressive on hwy ramps.
That plus the lower gearing goin in this week... Don't wanna be spinnin my rear at lights.
Any recommendations?
Always had goid luck with Metzler on metrics in the past and my wifes superlow has the Michelin scorchers which seam to handle well despite they' e been on the bike since 2012 or before LOL
Michelin Commander II.

I can confirm they ride well in heavy rain. I got caught in microburst yesterday. Had to slow a few time to between 15-35 for visibility, but the tires stuck amazingly well at every speed. Didn't even think about traction until after I got home.

Last edited by G Dub; 05-02-2016 at 05:20 AM.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:13 AM
stinkerbill
Road Captain
Received 179 Likes on 85 Posts

Finally fitted my home-modded satchel/saddlebags...

Old 05-02-2016, 10:35 AM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 82 Posts

^^^ Those saddlebags and your pipes look great in my opinion. Well done!

Old 05-02-2016, 10:45 AM
stinkerbill
Road Captain
Received 179 Likes on 85 Posts

Thanks - I'm thinking of having the seat re-done in brown to match... maybe grips too?

I'm also thinking of putting a Deluxe fender on the front - I love the Slim's rear look, but I really like the bigger fenders on the front... maybe change the tank badges too... sissy bar maybe...

I love the Slim's stock look, but I just want to pinch cues from other models that I love too...here's a quick Photoshop mock-up...

Old 05-02-2016, 10:58 AM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by stinkerbill
Thanks - I'm thinking of having the seat re-done in brown to match... maybe grips too?

I'm also thinking of putting a Deluxe fender on the front - I love the Slim's rear look, but I really like the bigger fenders on the front... maybe change the tank badges too... sissy bar maybe...

I love the Slim's stock look, but I just want to pinch cues from other models that I love too...here's a quick Photoshop mock-up...

I thought to myself that would look better with a brown seat and pillion... but I didn't want to post and seem like a jerk!

But since you asked....

I absolutely think matching brown seat and pillion is the way to go... I personally like a deluxe or Heritage springer seat with a hand rail, but that's just me.

I also like the Deluxe or Heritage Classic front fender quite a bit better. Deluxe has a nice spear, Classic has a light which I like. I like a matching full rear fender as well.

Personally I think JetFever has the best setup - bobber fenders like yours when he wants that look, and heritage style full fenders for when he wants that look. Two tone the tank like a knucklehead using the Springer Classic trim and then you've got a great setup (fenders opposite colors of course, bobber fenders one color, Heritage fenders the other) - full fenders with bags for touring, bobber fenders no bags for city riding.

I also like the engine guard, they really save the bike if you ever drop it for any silly reason like you put your foot on sand or water or something and you can mount highway pegs which are great to use.

You already used my favorite Panhead emblem, that's what I put on my Road King. Best one IMHO.

Old 05-02-2016, 12:23 PM
xmen9c
Road Master
Received 242 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by stinkerbill

The brown seat mockup looks great!

Old 05-02-2016, 12:50 PM
MagnaFlow
Former Sponsor
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by gmcdeadhead
made a homemade moonshine still horn cover

We love the creativity! It gives the bike character.

Old 05-02-2016, 01:43 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

Put my bike on my front lawn and gave her a good cleaning because I went for a ride the other day in some PNW liquid sunshine, that we occasionally get around here, because she needed all the road grime washed off of her.

Quick Reply: What did you do to Your Softail Today?