Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to Your Softail Today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2016 | 06:23 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Not gettin email updates.
My settings havnt changed.
Anyone else havin issues.

Old 02-18-2016 | 06:44 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by splattttttt
Not gettin email updates.
My settings havnt changed.
Anyone else havin issues.
No problems, emails are coming in.

Note how the forum works however - you get one email for a new post to a particular thread, but you won't get another for that thread until you go look at that particular thread again, and by that time, there may be a bunch of new posts on that thread.

Old 02-18-2016 | 06:48 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Didnt get an update on your post either

Old 02-18-2016 | 06:59 PM
HenryT
Road Master

Originally Posted by SLV
I stashed a Mo-Door garage door opener into the shroud and swapped the switch for a waterproof stainless steel version.

http://www.mo-door.com

While I had the shroud apart, I installed 1" riser spacers from DK Custom.
Thanks Kevin. Another great product on yet another bike.

Nice clean install!! Those things are cool, Think I will get one!! Seems a much better solution than the pricey HD unit that must be hardwired into the bikes electrical. Just have to find a spot for it.

Old 02-18-2016 | 07:10 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member

I got an immediate response to your post. Something must be wrong. Can you open internet explorer and go to Google? lol that's always my first question when somebody calls me and says they aren't getting email.

There's a help forum, hopefully a mod in there will be more helpful than me!

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/forum-issues-6/

Old 02-18-2016 | 08:33 PM
Chmelion
Cruiser

Let's go with what did I do this week.

Made a crankcase breather catch can from some plumbing supplies and a mini bottle of jack

New iridium spark plugs, gold braided wires on the way. As well as custom brass bolt covers on head and valve cover bolts

Installed new derby cover with brass accorn nuts

Belted on a handcuff holder to cover the risers. Not completely sold on this look, but I personally don't like the look of risers.

Old 02-18-2016 | 08:51 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member

That little bottle of jack is cute but you realize you've prevented the heads from breathing and you're either going to blow those hoses off or you'll get a leak somewhere when the bike finds the weak spot to breathe.

Old 02-18-2016 | 08:56 PM
Chmelion
Cruiser

There's holes in the bottle, I've run it a couple of times and can feel the air puffing out of the holes. I've yet to road test it so time will tell.

Old 02-18-2016 | 08:58 PM
Chmelion
Cruiser

Part 2 is that assuming my design works, the oily residue will collect in the bottle instead of looking like someone blew there nose in my intake.

Old 02-18-2016 | 09:05 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Chmelion
Part 2 is that assuming my design works, the oily residue will collect in the bottle instead of looking like someone blew there nose in my intake.
If there are holes in the bottle then you'll get an oily mess on your cam cover instead of your throttle body.

Not trying to be a jerk about it, it's a cool idea but not so practical I'm afraid.

And I'm like the breather police, I like to keep some suction on the heads from the throttle body to draw the combustion byproducts into the engine to be burned rather than staying down in the crankcase. I don't care if my throttle body gets a little oily mist in it, I can clean it from time to time. And I know all about the build up on the pistons... I run too hard to get that...lol actually as hard as I run my pistons do still get black but I don't care.

BTW how did you drill holes in the glass bottle?

Quick Reply: What did you do to Your Softail Today?