Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to Your Softail Today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2016 | 03:20 PM
Br125
Tourer

^^ that is a sharp looking blackline. They should have blacked the motor out just like that from the factory.

I just picked one up a few days ago in black denim and I'm trying to black as much as I can out while balancing the black/chrome to my liking. Your pics above make me want to look into blacking out the motor, but probably not in the cards for this year.

Last edited by Br125; 02-17-2016 at 03:23 PM.
The following users liked this post:
blkline69 (03-05-2016)
Old 02-17-2016 | 05:12 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Gommee
I made one with a key chain remote and a push button from a HD speedo. Cost me less than $30

Same here, used a Genie mini-remote & momentary switch, cost less than $30.
I havent decided where I want to mount the switch just yet. Probably be on
the cateye console below the on/off switch or maybe on the side of the console.

T.

Old 02-17-2016 | 05:15 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member

You probably already know this, but HD offers the aux-light trim rings in black
to match your headlight....

T.
[
QUOTE=bobsharley;14854727]
...snip...
Installed the black daymaker headlight and passing lamps and HD detachable windshield

[/QUOTE]

Old 02-17-2016 | 06:33 PM
Savage3006
Advanced

Put a 140 miles on her today. Got a oil temp gauge stick thingie, to replace the stock stick. and Since it is getting close to 4000 miles since I got my fluids and such changed. I Went by the indy shop and set up a time to take in the beast for a internal greasing and check up.

Old 02-17-2016 | 06:38 PM
Johnny Goodlife
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Hudson76
Had a go at polishing the forks on my FLSTC which I have apart at the moment customizing it. I also dropped of a set of Fatboy wheels to get polished for it today.
What did you use? I need to do this also

Old 02-17-2016 | 08:19 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by WKNDS

T.
The mini remotes work just as good as the more expensive Mo-Door. I already had it from three bikes ago, so only $6 to swap the switch and mount it.

Doesn't the left back upper fork shroud on your Slim already have a 1/2" hole for a switch? Mine did. I just upped out the little plug and put the switch in the existing hole. I then used Velcro to stash the opener inside the shroud.

Old 02-17-2016 | 08:20 PM
SPARKY01
Road Master

Finished up a week's worth of work tonight with an oil change. Started last Monday night and installed a set of Woods 555 cams, new lifters, pushrods, and bearings. Then swapped my FP3 for a Dynojet Power Vision tuner and a set of V&H Short Shots. Did a little every night as to not rush the job. Have to admit the 1st time hitting the starter was a little nerve racking...lol. Seems to run great but will be a while before I get to take a longer ride. Want to stay close to home to check for any issues. + heading to Daytona for the race this weekend. Ride Safe!

Old 02-17-2016 | 11:12 PM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate

Originally Posted by WKNDS

T.
I found a nice little space under my seat for the remote and Velcro the switch to the frame just under the edge of the seat, out of sight,out of mind.

Last edited by Gommee; 02-22-2016 at 10:16 PM.
Old 02-18-2016 | 02:53 AM
H-D Nomad
Cruiser

I drifted my fatty this morning!
Had unexpected severe freezing conditions last night and coming home from a night shift hit some ice on a slight right hand corner at about 40. The main road had been salted, ice started coming into the corner and lasted to about half way round.
The back end slew to the left I feathered the throttle and we got round in one piece on line, not sure how but we did but we did. Its not something I recommend doing.

Old 02-18-2016 | 03:01 AM
srt8
Road Captain

Originally Posted by H-D Nomad
I drifted my fatty this morning!
Had unexpected severe freezing conditions last night and coming home from a night shift hit some ice on a slight right hand corner at about 40. The main road had been salted, ice started coming into the corner and lasted to about half way round.
The back end slew to the left I feathered the throttle and we got round in one piece on line, not sure how but we did but we did. Its not something I recommend doing.
a scary feeling, i would have to change my pants after that

Quick Reply: What did you do to Your Softail Today?