Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to Your Softail Today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2023 | 11:41 AM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by 98hotrodfatboy
Anyways now onto my post, finally put a USB charger for my phone on the bike I'm going upstate and a little bit and I'm tired of phone going dead... Also fix the broken exhaust bolt.. Got that all patched up and I'm ready to go ride...
....snip...
Maybe I'm just blind, but I don't see where you mounted the USB charger port. Can you clue me in
on where it is in the above pics ?

Thanks,

T.

Old 09-04-2023 | 12:05 PM
DAHoyle
Cruiser

Finally got around to taking advantage of the ride height adjustability of the Progressive 422 shocks. Lowered it about 2" and took it for a ride. Not much difference that I could tell while riding, but the sit over height while stopped is much more comfortable. I have true duals, and every now and then I would get my left leg inseam against the heatshield but, Now I have room to spare, and never touch. Will ride it like this for awhile to get a longer term impression, and then might make some more adjustments.

Old 09-04-2023 | 04:44 PM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by WKNDS
Maybe I'm just blind, but I don't see where you mounted the USB charger port. Can you clue me in
on where it is in the above pics ?

Thanks,

T.
If I get time when I get home I'll pull the seat to show the USB charger.. I put it right where the stock ignition module goes on a Softail and then I use those funky electrically connections to make and break it when I need to so it doesn't draw off the battery when it's not running and then I got the USB-C wire running up under the seat through the tanks out underneath the dash assembly to the handlebars.. If you think I need to post pics of it I will but I didn't think I needed to..

Last edited by 98hotrodfatboy; 09-04-2023 at 04:46 PM.
Old 09-04-2023 | 05:07 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member

If I get time when I get home I'll pull the seat to show the USB charger.. I put it right where the stock ignition module goes on a Softail and then I use those funky electrically connections to make and break it when I need to so it doesn't draw off the battery when it's not running and then I got the USB-C wire running up under the seat through the tanks out underneath the dash assembly to the handlebars.. If you think I need to post pics of it I will but I didn't think I needed to..
OH - ok, thanks... I was a bit confused. I thought you mounted a charging port somewhere close to where you
might have a mount for the phone (perhaps with a quadlock, etc)

thanks,

T.

The following users liked this post:
98hotrodfatboy (09-04-2023)
Old 09-04-2023 | 07:00 PM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by WKNDS
OH - ok, thanks... I was a bit confused. I thought you mounted a charging port somewhere close to where you
might have a mount for the phone (perhaps with a quadlock, etc)

thanks,

T.
I probably should have posted some pictures of it, here you go.. I used a Schrader cap to protect the C connector and there's a picture of my phone mount.. Then I took the seat off to show how I put everything tucked in away underneath where the ignition module would go. As you see, the electrical connector for the charger is separate from the trickle charger connector that I had so the nice thing is I can just unplug it so I don't get parasitic draw on the battery when I don't need it.. The reason I have room there is because I have a Dynatek 2ki ignition in the nose cone....

WKNDS (09-04-2023)
Old 09-05-2023 | 07:07 PM
SMR65
Road Master

Just picked up my night train tonight, after work. I had S&S 583 cams, Arlen Ness big sucker and a PV map installed. Ive been loving this bike since i bought it, putting more miles on it than my STGS.

I was finding it a little lazy and wanted a little more, roll on passing power. Bringing it home, i tried a few roll on's, there is a defiant improvement in the low end torque, right where i wanted it.

I'm looking forward to getting out for a good ride on it.

The following 5 users liked this post by SMR65:
04FXDI (09-06-2023), 98hotrodfatboy (09-05-2023), Chris2fur (09-06-2023), Dogs57 (09-07-2023), stormin08 (09-06-2023)
Old 09-05-2023 | 08:09 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member

So now you going to tell me Kool-Aid ain't Kool-Aid it's only a name ****ing brand and that is a sweetened red fruity drink.. You don't need to analyze everything... Love you man but seriously...

Well, actually it's not a "fruity drink", it started as an "unsweetened drink mix" with a brand name of "Kool-Aid"....

Kool-Aid makes a powdered drink mix, liquid drink mix, a ready to drink soft drink, freeze pops, cotton candy mix, and I'm sure I missed a few other products. All in a "rainbow" of flavors....

Just sayin...

04FXDI (09-06-2023)
Old 09-06-2023 | 08:53 AM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member

Not today, but a few days ago.

Replaced the completely worn out original clutch basket/hub (the hub splines were even worn down), along with the Barnett frictions and steels, and pressure plate, with an Evolution Industries Stage 1 complete clutch. Major improvement. The basket and hub are MUCH beefier than the stock ones, and the hub has steel splines pressed into it. The frictions and steels are MUCH larger than the stock/Barnett replacements. I paid extra for the forged hub, and ordered it with a 10/84 pinion/ring gear set. It came with medium springs, which are definitely stronger than the Barnett ones I had previously, so the clutch pull did increase. It's still less than stock, though.

Worn hub splines:

Evolution Industries Clutch Components:

Evolution Clutch installed, and you can see the old Barnett frictions and steels in the pan, for comparison with the Evolution ones above:

Cheers!

Last edited by Clammy; 09-06-2023 at 10:35 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Clammy:
04FXDI (09-07-2023), ThunderTruck (09-06-2023)
Old 09-06-2023 | 09:47 AM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Clammy
Not today, but a few days ago.

Evolution Industries Clutch Components:

Evolution Clutch installed, and you can see the old Barnett frictions and steels in the pan, for comparison with the Evolution ones above:

Cheers!
IDK if a clutch can be sexy but, that's a hot looking set-up, to bad you have to hide it

The following 2 users liked this post by 04FXDI:
Clammy (09-06-2023), hattitude (09-06-2023)
Old 09-06-2023 | 10:36 AM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by 04FXDI
IDK if a clutch can be sexy but, that's a hot looking set-up, to bad you have to hide it
Same thoughts went through my head when I was installing it.

Cheers!

Quick Reply: What did you do to Your Softail Today?