Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 08:00 AM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by 24v
Who cares? Just sayin'. Let's get back to posting cool mods and pictures, not bikes for sale and fishing tales.
Lol - agreed. You mean you don't wanna hear about the killer bike deal I heard from my friend who heard it from his 3rd cousin? ;p

Came across this shot of a customized BO with 23" front wheel. I'm surprised, it actually looks pretty good- at least on this bike.

http://cyrilhuzeblog.com/2013/11/29/...88-front-tire/

Old 06-19-2014, 08:03 AM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by NOFUKS2GIVE
You're welcome.
Yup well posted!

Old 06-19-2014, 08:31 AM
thumper4fun
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're welcome.
A welcomed distraction, I salute you!

Old 06-19-2014, 08:32 AM
NAME CHANGE REQUIRED
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
Yup well posted!
I pretty much love anything that Thunderbike puts together for the Breakout. The 'Triple 8' with the 23" front wheel is probably my favorite build. Some of the best builds seem to be coming out of Europe.

Old 06-19-2014, 08:48 AM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

I pretty much love anything that Thunderbike puts together for the Breakout. The 'Triple 8' with the 23" front wheel is probably my favorite build. Some of the best builds seem to be coming out of Europe.
Yeh I noticed that trend as well. We had a pretty good run on sick USA custom builders and parts when the fat-*** stretched choppers were all the rage (and economy was better). A lot of the custom market focus now seems to be on baggers (the new latest rage)- some nice stuff, but I'm not into baggers.

Old 06-19-2014, 08:49 AM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

hey anyone know if an OEM forward brake arm from an 07 Night Train will fit the BO? I'm eyeballing a black one right now to replace my chrome arm.

Old 06-19-2014, 09:07 AM
NAME CHANGE REQUIRED
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeh I noticed that trend as well. We had a pretty good run on sick USA custom builders and parts when the fat-*** stretched choppers were all the rage (and economy was better). A lot of the custom market focus now seems to be on baggers (the new latest rage)- some nice stuff, but I'm not into baggers.
Agreed. To each their own, but when it comes to motorcycles I think less is more. No creature comforts...just man and machine.

Old 06-19-2014, 09:20 AM
Msmall
Tourer

It should work. the same edge cut brake arm fits both a 07 night train and a 13/14 BO.

Where are you getting it from...cost? I thought they stock one was chrome on a night train as well. OEM but not stock?

I've been wanting to do something to get rid of the chrome as well but the edge cut stuff adds up to $300-$400 to do both sides

hey anyone know if an OEM forward brake arm from an 07 Night Train will fit the BO? I'm eyeballing a black one right now to replace my chrome arm.

Last edited by Msmall; 06-19-2014 at 09:23 AM.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:38 AM
Msmall
Tourer

Just a quick note for anyone looking at the ginz sissy bar. These guys are good to work with and seem to stand behind their product.

That said the part with where the sissy bar(the actual bar) meets the bracket where it then mounts needs to be pushed back further.

The way it is currently made actually eliminates a portion of the passenger pillion for a passenger to sit own and forces them onto the front rider.

My wife is tiny, 5'6 115 lb's and she cant fit comfortable on the bike with the position of the sissy bar. It just forces her to far forward

I'm going to try and work with ginz on this. if they wont do it i'll have to fabricate somethign myself or have a machien shop do it. On the bracket tehy use there is room to move the bar back around 1.5- 2 inches which would be perfect.

If you push the location where the bar meets the brackets back its a perfect sissy bar

Old 06-19-2014, 10:34 AM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Msmall
Just a quick note for anyone looking at the ginz sissy bar. These guys are good to work with and seem to stand behind their product.

That said the part with where the sissy bar(the actual bar) meets the bracket where it then mounts needs to be pushed back further.

The way it is currently made actually eliminates a portion of the passenger pillion for a passenger to sit own and forces them onto the front rider.

My wife is tiny, 5'6 115 lb's and she cant fit comfortable on the bike with the position of the sissy bar. It just forces her to far forward

I'm going to try and work with ginz on this. if they wont do it i'll have to fabricate somethign myself or have a machien shop do it. On the bracket tehy use there is room to move the bar back around 1.5- 2 inches which would be perfect.

If you push the location where the bar meets the brackets back its a perfect sissy bar
Intersting- yep I was kinda concerend about that. the Ginz stuff is well made- you see a lot of their bars on Big Dog choppers. For the BO, I really want a low, sleek bar / pad like the VROD, Deuce, Wide Glide. To me (and this is just my own personal preference) , the tall sissy bar doesn't flow with the low BO lines. But, no one makes anything like this so I gotta fab something up. HD really dropped the ball on this- why design a nice bike and then screw the pooch on seat / bar options?

I found these guys: www.haulinass.com and if you look up the fender mounted bracket for Touring HD's looks like it will fit the BO just fine, and it is low (would look better with a better shaped pad on it). But it is $250 plus ship. that is nuts for a stamped piece of metal. I can almost buy an entire new seat set for that much $.

Wifee is ok with a low pad, just something to keep her from sliding off back.

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread