Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 07:02 PM
HD and VETTE
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NOFUKS2GIVE
I want to run this past you to see what you think. I CANNOT find an exhaust that gets me excited. I actually like the look of the stock system but I'm obviously not a fan of the sound quality, What do you think?

I also wanted to stay with the basic look of the BO so I added V&H slip ons, that made the sound much louder and still looks basically the same.

But I could not put the black shields on so I stayed with the chrome ones.

Each of us are individually hampered with our own choices of style so no matter what we think do what is on your mind.

Old 06-12-2014, 08:05 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

I want to run this past you to see what you think. I CANNOT find an exhaust that gets me excited. I actually like the look of the stock system but I'm obviously not a fan of the sound quality, and who wants a stock exhaust anyway? I was thinking about powder coating the stock pipes and throwing on an aggressive looking slip-on to maintain the 70's dragster look. I've seen several European bikes with this look (must be their noise restriction laws). Is there any real downside to doing this, or should I suck it up and find a full system that I can live with? I'm not necessarily concerned about power gains, but I do want it to sound mean. What do you think?
How about pulling the guts out of stock baffles, and inserting a pair of Thunder Mountain BCT baffles? Might be worth contacting them to see if they can help you out. I put a set of the baffles in my VH 2-2 pipes and they sound sick. nice and loud too .

For a stock pipe, the BO's are not bad looking at all especially with the black covers. My BO came with the VH installed already (bought it from original owner and he had done several nice mods).

Another cool pipe if you don't mind the 2-1 look (and better performance lol) is RB Racing's LSR pipe. I have one on my custom FXR chopper. damn nice pipe, five star quality. you can also order it with the slash cut facing any direction, or no slash cut at all.

Old 06-12-2014, 08:30 PM
youraemoo
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ape hangers

Originally Posted by Dwnlo
Haha that's my breakout!!
Originally Posted by Dwnlo
Haha that's my breakout!!
Very nice
I'm sorry if you were asked this question for the 300 times lol
But there are 84 pages in this thread couldn't go through them all

But what bars do you have on it and what's the size

It looks very nice

Old 06-13-2014, 07:05 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 706 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by jcallesano
Because my stock wheels are powder coated right over the laces. They werent taken apart to be coated.
So blast them when they are apart and recoat them after re assembly?

Old 06-13-2014, 11:29 AM
Stone Cliff
Tourer

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
How about pulling the guts out of stock baffles, and inserting a pair of Thunder Mountain BCT baffles? Might be worth contacting them to see if they can help you out. I put a set of the baffles in my VH 2-2 pipes and they sound sick. nice and loud too .

For a stock pipe, the BO's are not bad looking at all especially with the black covers. My BO came with the VH installed already (bought it from original owner and he had done several nice mods).

Another cool pipe if you don't mind the 2-1 look (and better performance lol) is RB Racing's LSR pipe. I have one on my custom FXR chopper. damn nice pipe, five star quality. you can also order it with the slash cut facing any direction, or no slash cut at all.

I'v posted this before, but since the conversation came up again. This is my BO with Stock pipes and BCT. I modified the stock baffles though. Basically cut about 70 percent of the length off and re-wrapped. For me the sound is perfect and I love the look of the stock pipes for my bike.

Old 06-13-2014, 12:18 PM
NAME CHANGE REQUIRED
Advanced

I just checked out the LSR pipes. I'm dig them...a lot. Hopefully fitment isn't an issue.

Stone Cliff - your pipes sound awesome with the BCT baffles. I'd still like to do something a little different to distinguish my bike.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:23 PM
Stone Cliff
Tourer

I just checked out the LSR pipes. I'm dig them...a lot. Hopefully fitment isn't an issue.

Stone Cliff - your pipes sound awesome with the BCT baffles. I'd still like to do something a little different to distinguish my bike.
Thanks!

Old 06-16-2014, 10:42 AM
NAME CHANGE REQUIRED
Advanced

Fellas - I'm looking to replace the stock seat. I've researched the hell out of this and I'm leaning towards the Danny Grey buttcrack solo. I REALLY like the Bitchin Seats solo seat/pillion combo but that thing better massage my bean bag for that kind of money. So...does anybody know of a separate pillion seat that's available and compatible with the DG Buttcrack Solo? I've seen them for sale but the Breakout is never mentioned on the fitment chart. Just to clear, I'm just looking for a pillion seat that flows well with the solo seat. Ideas?

Old 06-16-2014, 03:28 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

Fellas - I'm looking to replace the stock seat. I've researched the hell out of this and I'm leaning towards the Danny Grey buttcrack solo. I REALLY like the Bitchin Seats solo seat/pillion combo but that thing better massage my bean bag for that kind of money. So...does anybody know of a separate pillion seat that's available and compatible with the DG Buttcrack Solo? I've seen them for sale but the Breakout is never mentioned on the fitment chart. Just to clear, I'm just looking for a pillion seat that flows well with the solo seat. Ideas?
Yeh some of the $$ for aftermarket seats is outrageous. I would suggest rolling by a couple of local auto custom upholstry shops and get estimate to have your factory seats re-worked. I have always found this to cost less and you can get the seats made exactly how you want 'em with foam density and covering material, custom stitching, etc - check out several shops in your area there is always a good one to find. only downside is you may be without seats for a week.

Old 06-16-2014, 04:02 PM
NAME CHANGE REQUIRED
Advanced

Yeh some of the $$ for aftermarket seats is outrageous. I would suggest rolling by a couple of local auto custom upholstry shops and get estimate to have your factory seats re-worked. I have always found this to cost less and you can get the seats made exactly how you want 'em with foam density and covering material, custom stitching, etc - check out several shops in your area there is always a good one to find. only downside is you may be without seats for a week.
Another member just said the same thing in another forum. Apparently I need to get off my lazy *** and go find custom upholstery shop! I'm sure we have several shops in the area. Ill follow up whenever I get around to building a seat. Thanks for all your advice, LA.

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread