Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2024, 06:42 PM
vtchopperdude
Tourer
Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by stratplexi
love the Big Radius pipes. I want them for my 2023 but VH now puts cats in them.
Cats....you mean baffles? You can pull those out. Worst case, just get some LAF drag pipes.

Old 02-14-2024, 07:11 PM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,084 Likes on 562 Posts

Originally Posted by vtchopperdude
Cats....you mean baffles? You can pull those out. Worst case, just get some LAF drag pipes.
Sorry for confusing post, I meant catalytic converter. From my understanding, they are in the mufflers on the Softails.

On Touring bikes, at least my 2014 and my buddies 2019, the catalytic converter was in the head pipe at the chamber. I cut my head pipe open and took the cat out, welded it back up and painted it to prevent rusting. I then gutted the stock baffles and put fullsac 2.5” baffles in them.

With the cats in the mufflers on softails, the easy answer is to replace the mufflers with non-cat mufflers. But I really wanted the Big Radius but then found out they are now manufactured with catalytic converters in them.

Old 02-20-2024, 04:46 PM
Aries Maniac
4th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Hdbreakout84
How much of a difference did the Handlebar riser make as far as the pull back and comfortable ride go? Sweet bike btw...
Thank you the riser I believe are 1 inch they arent pullback either and it really makes a difference I would recommend it

Last edited by Aries Maniac; 02-20-2024 at 04:49 PM.
Old 02-21-2024, 04:45 PM
vtchopperdude
Tourer
Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Sorry for confusing post, I meant catalytic converter. From my understanding, they are in the mufflers on the Softails.

On Touring bikes, at least my 2014 and my buddies 2019, the catalytic converter was in the head pipe at the chamber. I cut my head pipe open and took the cat out, welded it back up and painted it to prevent rusting. I then gutted the stock baffles and put fullsac 2.5” baffles in them.

With the cats in the mufflers on softails, the easy answer is to replace the mufflers with non-cat mufflers. But I really wanted the Big Radius but then found out they are now manufactured with catalytic converters in them.
Not confusing... I know that cat is short for catalytic converter. What I'm saying is that big radius pipes don't have cats or mufflers...they have removable baffles. The 2-into-1 VH pipes have a more robust baffle system, but none of them have catalytic converters in the sense you are thinking.

The following users liked this post:
Kidmandudebro (02-21-2024)
Old 02-21-2024, 07:53 PM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by vtchopperdude
Not confusing... I know that cat is short for catalytic converter. What I'm saying is that big radius pipes don't have cats or mufflers...they have removable baffles. The 2-into-1 VH pipes have a more robust baffle system, but none of them have catalytic converters in the sense you are thinking.
My understanding, and confirmed by Fuel Moto on this forum, is VH Big Radius and pretty much all of their pipes now come with catalytic converters. Hence, my desire to go a different direction. Their pipes are now EPA 49 state approved. Hard to believe I know…the giant of aftermarket exhausts
for HD is now EPA compliant. Check their website out…

Old 02-21-2024, 07:54 PM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member

I am thinking about Freedom Sharp Radius. Anyone here have experience with them? They look very similar to VH but they do not have catalytic converters.

Kidmandudebro (02-21-2024)
Old 02-21-2024, 09:23 PM
Kidmandudebro
Intermediate
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

I am thinking about Freedom Sharp Radius. Anyone here have experience with them? They look very similar to VH but they do not have catalytic converters.
Those look real nice! I don’t personally have any experience with them but I have Bassani Big Radius pipes and they perform and sound and look great! No cats. 🐱

stratplexi (02-22-2024)
Old 02-22-2024, 01:36 PM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member

I had Bassani Pro Streets on my Night Train years ago and they were killer sounding and performed very well on my engine build. I haven’t looked at their products in years…guess I need to take a look at their current offerings.
thanks

Kidmandudebro (02-22-2024)
Old 02-23-2024, 06:46 AM
Aries Maniac
4th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Anyone know a really comfortable seat for a 2013 cvo breakout?

I have had mustang and saddlemen so far but no luck and it seems there are very few seats for the passenger

Road_King_Rider (02-24-2024)
Old 02-23-2024, 09:52 AM
Kidmandudebro
Intermediate
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Aries Maniac
I have had mustang and saddlemen so far but no luck and it seems there are very few seats for the passenger
if you do a search on this site there is a fellow that will take your stock seat and make you whatever you really want. Have you tried gel inserts? Pillion seats for the passenger on breakouts are available or look for two up seats.

I use a Danny Gray solo Butt Crack and there is a passenger pillion they sell too.

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread